Has Anyone's Ferret Had Ring Worm Or Have You Caught It Off Them?

had hob for a few week off a guy off here top bloke,went to look at a gill at some guys house last week off preloved he had about 50 ferrets living in his house scruffy as f*ck the house was and i mean really bad :bad:now I've got pissing rig worm :censored: just want to know how to treat ferrets/dog for it if they have it thanks.

going to check the terrier for it now :censored:

atb

briggo88

Upside, Ringworm is fungal, not parasitic.. You didn`t shake hands did you, it could be scabies... Animal hoarders stink.

Apply a topical antifungal agent containing miconazole 2 percent cream or 1 percent lotion twice a day in the direction of the lay of the hair. Continue treatment until the skin is healed. Be ready to treat the dog for at least four to six weeks. (Just copied and pasted this)

While it is at the early fungal stage with you, treat with topical applications asap (available at pharmacy) and also purchase disposable gloves to use handling animals/their bedding etc where poss until you infection cleared. If it becomes more advanced there is the risk of bacterial spread. Depends on the strain of ringworm as to whether it will affect ferts/dogs but from the sounds of that house I wouldn't like to guess. Atb.

I`ve never heard of anyone catching it from ferrets, but that doesn`t mean you cant,

Ringworm is easy enough treated though,, sorted with a cream. Same with the dogs, easy to treat , but can get messy if left to spread.

Keep an eye on the ferrets, as I imagine ringworm would be nasty for them to catch. and use disposable gloves to handle them for a while to try and stop them catching it from you..

ATB