Elgeeco Squirrel Trap

Bought one off the bay of E.

Think it might be an older version as it was cheaper.

Not sure how to set it.

This one differs from the one on the video on you.tube

The trap door is in two parts. There is no rod at the base of the feeder. The door folds inwards into the trap.

And there is a ring on folding section of the door which is hooked over a vertical rod which connects to the lever frame in the trap.

Problem is that the lever slides downwards and releases the door to close because of its weight. so the door does not stay open in the set position.

Err what do i do?

Bought one off the bay of E.

Think it might be an older version as it was cheaper.

Not sure how to set it.

This one differs from the one on the video on you.tube

The trap door is in two parts. There is no rod at the base of the feeder. The door folds inwards into the trap.

And there is a ring on folding section of the door which is hooked over a vertical rod which connects to the lever frame in the trap.

Problem is that the lever slides downwards and releases the door to close because of its weight. so the door does not stay open in the set position.

Err what do i do?

set the rod at the ring opening,you can open /close the ring for trigger sensitivity,,the feeder sits between the "y" piece of the trigger.

i have one and seen the squirrel hanging upside down from the top and it has triggered it and the door has folded inwards to close but hit the squirrel on the back and it just moves away,to be honest not had any success with it but im gonna persevere. did you not get instructions with it? if you want a copy pm me your address and i will pop a copy in the post for you.

Thanks for your help, I will PM you my address for the instructions.

I got instructions on the box but not that clear.

The weight of the Y frame and the D frame pulls the trigger rod down and springs the trap.

The rod is too sensitive and slides down too easily.

I placed the ring on the top of the cage and slid the rod into it.

Maybe if I closed the ring with pliers I would get more resistance on the rod, or I could bend the tip of the rod slightly or burr it over a bit?

Seems a bit iffy

Edited by jackg