Permission Advice

I got mine after a letter drop. Got a reply within the week, Met with the farmer and job done. The previous permission holder was a bit of an idiot--Drinking-fires etc- I reckon my age was a plus (55). Got mine with a few provisos but got it.

All i can say is stick at it, I was lucky after only 10 door knocks & 10 letters,The BASC membership & insurance was a good talking point on meeting up with the farmer & seemed to impress him.

Good luck

Barnze

Yeah I haven't joined basc yet but am going to look into it. I'm only 27 but am polite and sensible. Fingers crossed something will crop up. Hopefully there will be someone in my area willing to let me tag along. Cheers Ian

have a read here re insurance http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/271274-sacs-membership-at-discounted-rate-how-to-apply/page__hl__sacs

Not really a lot of tips to pass on, i reckon these things depend on luck and the need of the land owner. I got lucky!

I am not looking for more land now,Though 3 more letters answered with " we have someone" or just "No thanks"

Get some insurance- A bit of cost i know but peace of mind for the farmer & it shows you as being responsible.

Keep on trying. Golf courses-stables-sports grounds-fisheries.

Good luck with it.

Barnze

Golf courses is a top one mate especially for ao gun users as you can bring up the point about their safety and minimal collateral if you did happen to stray a round, my advice is look for farms in the area, or any farming website etc etc you have of your local areas, farmers markets are another one which you can have a look into