big dog/small dog

I dont know how big my Stag pups are know?...pretty fecking big is all i would say!..lol.

The male is a mustard lamp dog, and im guessing he is around the 28 1/2"-29" mark...you have to see this dog turn, because if i hadnt i didnt think it would be possible the catches he has made...his brother (Reno) has started on Coyotes, and is flying into them now...a big dog has a lot to offer imo,...sure, a smaller dog can kill heavy game, but they cant do it as well as a bigger dog, imo...weight and strength have a HUGE part to play in bigger, sometimes more aggresive game....the Stag pup im on about is a wicked rabbit dog, and im hopewing he will be as good on Coyote, and other bigger game...

Kye,..

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how big my Stag pups are know?...pretty fecking big is all i would say!..lol.

The male is a mustard lamp dog, and im guessing he is around the 28 1/2"-29" mark...you have to see this dog turn, because if i hadnt i didnt think it would be possible the catches he has made...his brother (Reno) has started on Coyotes, and is flying into them now...a big dog has a lot to offer imo,...sure, a smaller dog can kill heavy game, but they cant do it as well as a bigger dog, imo...weight and strength have a HUGE part to play in bigger, sometimes more aggresive game....the Stag pup im on about is a wicked rabbit dog, and im hopewing he will be as good on Coyote, and other bigger game...

Kye,..

saw roe drag 60 pound dogs saw fallow drag 70 pound dogs but neither dogs were fresh they had run several hares over the course of a night ,winter of 97 caught treble figures of roe hares etc and when i ran the dogs nightle only the freshest bucks could do any thing with sid sol team etc ,but i never kept my dogs just for a roe hares foxes etc, if i had kept sid just for roe no slips on hare after hare roe would be cattled , my twenty four inch bitch lana killed plenty out the lampon the lamp single handed, she was just 54 pounds but had the heart of a lion , but for deer and only deer and hares fox i would plum for dogs 60 pounds up wards as for height well ive saw big dogs with no body like a walking milk bottle on stilts etc 28 inchs that couldnt hold a good buck , to be perfectly honest ive caught deer with every lurcher ive had , but for an easy quick finish sid or sol both tor of dartmoor lines etc plenty bottle for saluk crosses, but lana etc you could ferrret lamp rabbs etc etc and get deer i prefer nowadays adog bettween 24 to 26 50 to 60 pounds,the price is out veni and well to pull three or four a night is no big deal its getting rid ofthem for coin all the best was out lamping last night caught acoyote and a few rabbits and caught afew jacks coursing yesterday all the best

Kye,..

we all know a big dog is more suited to big game,we have been here before,but i have seen little dogs do it to,,fast and slow,,,,