What Age Do Lurchers Normally Start Chasing

i got 5 month old sal x whip x gray dog walking him yesterday and rabbit jump up right in front of us and he didn't seemed that bothered. am i expecting to much for his age only second lurcher pup iv had and first one killed first rabbit at 6 months old but i no ever pup different

Photo0048

Photo0054

puppy bigger now pics took weeks ago

I think most will tell you 5 months is no age!

That said, my bitch saw and killed her first rabbit at 4 months by accident and was completely wired after that, running any clump of grass she could spot. It was a big mistake for a pup so young.

Its all down to you to bringher on when she's much older. Try get hold of a dead un and play with dog, plenty of fuss, when out walking with pup on lead if a rabbit gets up make plenty of fuss, whooshing noises what ever noise you want the dog to associate with something to get on ,

Atb scott

Iv had lurcher's that a four months old will take 50 rabbits. 6fox's and a couple of deer all day time!!!!! What a load of shite........ya pups a baby ffs let it be a pup..it wants all of next summer growing up and playing.......get his obiedience to a good standard......why dont you learn how to reward train a pup and get him to a standard that you don't need a slip lead to go out lamping and he retrieves anything to your hand....15 mins a day training and by next season you'll have something that will make you proud and other ask your advice.......

• Like 3

Iv had lurcher's that a four months old will take 50 rabbits. 6fox's and a couple of deer all day time!!!!! What a load of shite........ya pups a baby ffs let it be a pup..it wants all of next summer growing up and playing.......get his obiedience to a good standard......why dont you learn how to reward train a pup and get him to a standard that you don't need a slip lead to go out lamping and he retrieves anything to your hand....15 mins a day training and by next season you'll have something that will make you proud and other ask your advice.......

was at aimed at me? :hmm:

Stop being paranoid I don't cone on hear to fall out with anyone.......its aimed at all the myths that make lads with pups feel that there dog ain't ever going to make it........the worst pup iv ever owned was useless till she was a year old now she's the best dog iv ever had the pleasure of working

• Like 1

Stop being paranoid I don't cone on hear to fall out with anyone.......its aimed at all the myths that make lads with pups feel that there dog ain't ever going to make it........the worst pup iv ever owned was useless till she was a year old now she's the best dog iv ever had the pleasure of working

nae problem...