Lurcher Question What To Get?

Ok I suppose it does sound suspect I admit but I am genuine I have 5 ferrets all working 3 shotguns a air rifel and applying for a 17 hmr (I no the 2 contridict but sure means when the ground isn't suitable for dogs I can still do the job) I live on a farm and have several farmers looking me to reduce the level of rabbits to a sustainable level friends both have bull cross's n its for that reason I don't want 1 they are brilliant dogs execlent on rabbits and lovely animals but weather its to do with breeding or training they don't retrive come back to you after they catch a rabbit its brilliant watching them course but its really puts me off when they don't come bk after catching a rabbit means instead off getting rid of 6 rabbits u get 1 n have 5 rabbits becoming lamp shy I wanna dog I can call bk if it retreives a rabbit its a bonus if nt then as long as it comes bk in I'm happy

If their dogs don't retrieve and don't return than that's down to poor training , you need to put in a lot of time training and you'll have a good dog but whatever you choose just work hard to get it trained properly , beddy x grey sounds good but not my thing but its down to what floats your boat really :thumbs:

I'd go saluki bull greyhound myself I like them plenty wind for rabbits and a good size dog for Charlie :thumbs:

good x that, do most quarry, just enough bull fire it up for the odd fox. :thumbs:

Yep seen Afew and have been impressed seem perfect for the job required :thumbs:

N j.dog I no what u mean about the training, what would u suggest?

Well I'd go saluki bull grey perfect dogs for this job IMO plenty wind for bunnys and as bird said abit of bull to fire then up for charlie and train it the best you can taking your time then take it out and put your mates dogs too shame :) lol

Atb bud :thumbs:

Ok I suppose it does sound suspect I admit but I am genuine I have 5 ferrets all working 3 shotguns a air rifel and applying for a 17 hmr (I no the 2 contridict but sure means when the ground isn't suitable for dogs I can still do the job) I live on a farm and have several farmers looking me to reduce the level of rabbits to a sustainable level friends both have bull cross's n its for that reason I don't want 1 they are brilliant dogs execlent on rabbits and lovely animals but weather its to do with breeding or training they don't retrive come back to you after they catch a rabbit its brilliant watching them course but its really puts me off when they don't come bk after catching a rabbit means instead off getting rid of 6 rabbits u get 1 n have 5 rabbits becoming lamp shy I wanna dog I can call bk if it retreives a rabbit its a bonus if nt then as long as it comes bk in I'm happy

Its down to the training mate, in most instances you should be able to get almost any dog to retrieve

shooting and dogs dont contradict at all. only in the minds of shooters and dog people