Probaly Sounds Stupid....

You can eat mixied rabbits without it harming you...But...

FFS how desperate are you to eat rabbit? get a non mixied one if you want to eat one!

I dont feed them to the dogs even though I know it wont harm them but the ferrets will get them from time to time after they have been in the freezer for a few weeks

calm done mate just curious soo i asked..

You can eat mixied rabbits without it harming you...But...

FFS how desperate are you to eat rabbit? get a non mixied one if you want to eat one!

I dont feed them to the dogs even though I know it wont harm them but the ferrets will get them from time to time after they have been in the freezer for a few weeks

calm done mate just curious soo i asked..

Lol am calm... not sure where you got that I was anything other then calm,

Makes no odds to me what you eat.

hows it going mate?

myxie (myxomatosis) is disease that was released by the government in the fifties to reduce the rabbit population. it attacks the rabbits eyes and ears and other holes . they become infected and clogged with puss. it is past from rabbit by flea and other blood eating parasites. it will kill around 97% of a population some rabbits do show signs of resistance.

we did have a few local rabbits locally but now they have been wiped out.

would it harm you if you ate it?

no mate. but depending on how far along the disease is there won't be much meat on the rabbit because it can't eat and wastes away. not a very nice disease.

as for taking them home for ferret food i would not advise it . you could be spreading the disease .

Rabbits would be gutted/skinned on site and waste burnt. Looked over the web and mixed views all round, but this seems to be the most common.

is it worth the risk mate.

There is mixy up by the old Markham Colliery site, my dogs caught 3 up there last weekend. They are all just sat out on the banks, not many up there to start with so this will wipe them out

what a shame mate . i've watched it travel over from crumlin and up the valley. it's a real shame

Personal preference whether you eat it, feed your stinkers with them or your dogs. Personal opinion after seeing a rabbit with mixie the last thing im thinking, is how its going to be cooked :blink: . Horrible disease and not very appealing to my pallette.............dispatch and bury for me ....but just my opinion, each to there own....plenty of healthy bunnies about (round my way) so no need to be a beggar :boogy: :boogy: :boogy:

If a ferret can't get it then a human probably can't get it. They are used in medical testing because they have similar physiological, metabolic and anatomical features to us. That's why you can get the flu of them and they can get it off you.

Tunstall