How To Get Your Dog Running In The Lamp

Ive got a yuong whippet and for some reason he dosent run on the lamp he can spot the rabbits but just watches them go by, i havnt got a older than that can show him what to do. Ive had him playing with a few dead one i have caught in the day tha didnt cahnge anyrhing

slowly slowly catch the monkey pal, dont be too worried yet, the dog is young an the rabbits aint, most bunnys about this time of year dont hang around and despite what anybody tells ye, aint easy to catch, especially for a young dog thats as green as the grass beneath the snow.. take ye time an enter your dog to the lamp at the end of the summer or early next season, itll do the dog the world a good, keep the dog winning when ye do start, confidence is paramount to a youngster :thumbs:

Edited by reddawn
  • Like 1

Encourage the dog, with all dogs I've worked I've always made a hissing noise when I want to slip or thereis something ready to bolt and the dogs have learnt to pull forward eyes forward keen as ready for the slip. Don't mess aboutwith dead ones as it does nothing. Slip him/her on a few through the day and hiss or make noiseto encouragethe dog then try at night. I introduce pups with my noise with bones etc. Sounds daft but it works.

Atb scott