my new pup bit of advice please

Picture271_zps765a9c8e.jpg this is my new pup hes a old tyme mastiff x hes 14 week old the problem iv got hes having digs at my staff not all the time but now and again is there out i can do to stop this iv got kids hes very friendly with them but is there any chance he could change towards them im not a expert on big breeds any advice or tips would be good kk

if i had kids,i would have looked well into before getting that breed.it could just be playing,pups can tend to be pretty rough when playing.well until they get bitten back lol ATB with it,im sure there a few lads on here will keep you right

Picture271_zps765a9c8e.jpg this is my new pup hes a old tyme mastiff x hes 14 week old the problem iv got hes having digs at my staff not all the time but now and again is there out i can do to stop this iv got kids hes very friendly with them but is there any chance he could change towards them im not a expert on big breeds any advice or tips would be good kk

pups at that age are programmed through their very nature to make contact with their mouth , if we think about it , its the only facility available to them and imprinted via connection made with the bitch through suckling, the pup is driven to do it reason doesn't come into it , its not about pecking orders or anything like that ,

manage the pup take the emphasis off the other dog and place it with you through play and tug items, the pup just wants to orally connect with other things in its environment

the force to connect is stronger than the social aspect which is fine in the wild but in a home becomes a problem, i wouldn't have expected anything else from a healthy vibrant pup sounds like a good one,

take him out and play letting him make connections with you through a tug item, and manage him so he cant get himself into trouble at that age their there own worst enemy if ya get my drift,

• Like 2