2 jills escaped

went up to feed my ferrets tonight and was shocked to say the least when i found only 2 jills instead of my 4, one of my hutches wasnt locked properly i think through my fault rushing around yesterday.

i have set a cage trap and left there box out open with some grubb in but realy dont know what els to do and im fairly worried as both me and my next door neighbour breed african grey parrots.

any suggestions on how to get them back asap much apreciated.

cheers rob :)

Mine got out once,my lad left court door open then took a phone call and forgot :icon_eek: as you can imagine was rather stressed :blink: but they came back 3 we found lurking nearby the other 3 returned in the night i went out with lamp and there they where by the pen.

had mine get out a few times, iv trained mine to the whistle so sometimes i call and they turn up but iv had it in the past were iv found all but one and they have been gone for a few days and then turn up when it suits them, i find setting traps its the best way and just letting the neighbours know there missing, having a look about with the lamp and also check around the cage at night iv had it when mine have gone missing they been tryin to get back in

hope they turn up

I had one go missing and they can travel far in a short space of time so i would start postering now. Also ring vets up and put them in lost/found book. Ring rspca and ferret rescues.

Mine wa seen quite a distance away from the house, people saw him but they wouldnt dare pick him up, was chipped aswell..

Guest norseman

had one turn up this morning in next doors garden under there shed. im just hoping the other one turns up to.

cheers for the replys

rob

same happened to me as well, lost my jill a while back and found her a day later under a neighbour's shed too :thumbs: hob got out just recently aswell but found him in the nieghbours garden :icon_redface:

glad you got one back. keep looking and tell all the neighbours. :victory:

Thats a shame about the ferrets if it was me id do as your doing with the traps, but i would also look about with my dogs for them.I would let the neighbours know too if you have some close by and if theres local kids nearby tell them theres a reward(as a working ferret is worth it) if they find them as kids when a few quids involved can spend hours/most the day looking another thing kids are good for is spreading the word every where theres ferrets missing and who owns them.I'm sure your grey parrots will be fine from the ferrets as any wire used to keep parrots in can keep a ferret out unless its big sized wire with 3in squares or so.Good luck finding them