crabbing

hello , just looking for a bit of advise.

i will be going fishing soon, and my daughter wants to come along, shes pretty young so i got her a little rod, but thought to keep her intrested i could drop a cople of crab net, or lines.

are there any regulations on droping cab nets around the uk? if it is ok to go ahead any advise on how to go about it?

Over here i got a spot i just put a bit of fish in a crab net and leave it for a while and you'd be surprised how many you get in a short time....as far as i know its not illegal.......im looking for peeler crab for bait when doing it.

Peelers don`t feed during this stage, try under rocks, holes in estury banks and under seaweed :thumbs:

• Like 2

Over here i got a spot i just put a bit of fish in a crab net and leave it for a while and you'd be surprised how many you get in a short time....as far as i know its not illegal.......im looking for peeler crab for bait when doing it.

Peelers don`t feed during this stage, try under rocks, holes in estury banks and under seaweed :thumbs:

I got some tyres set up for peelers :thumbs:

:laugh::yes:
  • Like 1

i didnt think they fed as there they have no protection against other preditors thats why they hide away till there new outer shell hardens and seen this with lobsters so the experts on tv must be wrong then lol

i didnt think they fed as there they have no protection against other preditors thats why they hide away till there new outer shell hardens and seen this with lobsters so the experts on tv must be wrong then lol

Your forgetting one inmportant point............these are Irish crabs....enough said :whistling: :whistling: :whistling::laugh: :laugh:

Ive had a fair few peelers like this over the last couple of years. But the tyres are the best technique for the peelers.

Your forgetting one inmportant point............these are Irish crabs....enough said :whistling: :whistling: :whistling::laugh: :laugh:

Ive had a fair few peelers like this over the last couple of years. But the tyres are the best technique for the peelers.

he must mean the other crabs when you have to go to the chemist :laugh:

think barnaby is agreeing with spookz pip :yes: