Where and how do you train a lurcher pup

At Taz-n-liy, LOL thanks pal, would never have thought of nettles. Eggs as well, I guess? Cooked or raw? If I could just get in contact with somebody in the Barnsley area. I think it would help.

Yep, forgot eggs. I give mine eggs once in a while - raw, just mixed in with their food.

Good luck with the pup.

Yep fella, I think you're right. Abit cloak and dragger, I guess, all this dog hunting, stuff. I was always told if you don't ask you don't get. I'll get me coat.

Get out and about with your pup. Don't try to rush things - you'll meet someone who can mentor you at some stage.

Look at basic training and find a field or two that you can run your pup in, all the better if there are rabbits there too. Permission for use of a field should be easy to find, especially if you offer to keep your eye on stock while you're there.

You need to be able to call your dog in, and know that your dog won't attack or bother stock. That on it's own will keep you busy for a while.

And don't worry about people being suspicious on here. It's part and parcel of hunting and shooting nowadays I'm afraid.