altberg or meindl boots which do you prefere ?????

just posted this in a different topic and although not altberg its worth bearing in mind.

Just a note for everone with the diotto boots although they are fantastic and the ankle support is quite possibly the best out there, the small oval section atthe rear of the boot which acts as a flexi is leather and very thin at that and must be treated or it will crack and split and the boots are then useless. this has just happened to me after exactly 12 months of owning them. I decided to take the meindl douvre gtx option and after 1 week i do not believe they are worth the money but at least you can get a good leather treatment in to the leather . Maybe its just my feet and the fact my foot is wide which suits the meindl but my ankle is not and to get any ankle support i have to lace the boot up really tight to the point wher it is uncomfortable and cutting off circulation in my leg. just writing this makes me want to put the diotto boots back on even though one now lets water in.

•  

Hello All,

I went through the same dilemma on boots but my feet do not like lined/tex boots, my feet sweat too much and the boot then take's an age to dry out.

I bought a pair of Lundhags Scout boots from Penrith Survival, what a pair of boots, slightly expensive but awesome.

I treated them when I first bought them with the supplied Lundhags wax/feed and then a bit of Nikwax, I have gone beating and shooting all through the Pheasant season, never once leaked, comfortable, supportive and light. I would say treat yourself to a pair of decent woollen socks, they work on the using layers principle to keep your feet warm, a bit like how we use clothing layers to keep warm. When you get home remove the felt insole and they are dry ready for the next day, superb boot, I will never go back to a lined boot again.

I phoned Altberg to see if they could make an unlined boot, they could not, they also now mass produce most of there boots, it is a shame! What happened to good old british boot makers?

Lundhags are Swedish hand made boots and when you slip them on, you can tell, comfortable from new and the leather they use feels supple but still support the foot/ankle.

Hope this helps

John...