HELP!!!

hi can anyone help my jill started having her babies yestarday morning and by niight time there was just 5, but iv been out to check her and shes still really fat and has red liquid coming from her bottom end, any ideas what i should do

If I was you mate Id run to the vets. Only way to be sure :(

Hope everything turns out ok.

Edited to add, is she straining at all? Maybe you could phone the vet for advice rather than taking her away from her litter.

Edited by gibby

thanks im going to phone them now, poor thing her last litter all died within 3 days of being born

had this happen to mine a month ago, she produced 1 healthy kit but was still huge the following morning, so we took her to the vets & they did an ultrasound & there was one dead kit, a shot of oxytocin& calcium sorted her, within an hour she produced the dead kit

let us know how u get on

Edited to add, is she straining at all? Maybe you could phone the vet for advice rather than taking her away from her litter.

no she dosnt seem to be straining she looks fine but is still quite fat and when i feel her belly i can feel lumps and when i do feel her belly liquid starts coming from her, shes in with another female who had a litter 7wks ago and she seems to be feeding the 5 babies aswell.

:D:D well good news my jill is fine there is no more babies inside her, shes bleeding because when the babies where being born she has torn and has ended up with an infection, so its just cost me 71quid for an xray and two injections, but atleast she is fine :):)
Guest ARTEMIS
:D:D well good news my jill is fine there is no more babies inside her, shes bleeding because when the babies where being born she has torn and has ended up with an infection, so its just cost me 71quid for an xray and two injections, but atleast she is fine :):)

Awww, sorry to hear she had the infection, but it's great you got her to the vets and she's going to be fine now - is she settled back in with her babies now?

good news mate so is it ok to keep 2 jills in the same cage when they have there kits i used to put them on there own i hope it ts ok it will save me getting a extra cage

i think its ok to keep the 2 jills in the one cage, there are in 2 3ft hutches that are jointed together and oe hutch has had an extra hutch build on the top, the other jill that she is in with had kits nearly 8 wks ago who has only got 2 left as the rest have been rehomed, the mother of them has taken to feeding the other jills kits aswell so they seem to be shairing and getting on realy well, plus the 2 jill are sisters so thats even better i think

Guest The Big Fish

ash15782, i would reconsider having kits of such a different age gap, in together.

I think a couple of litters of similar ages are fine, but an age difference of 8 weeks, the bigger kits will beat the living daylights out of the smaller ones.

Perhaps this time it would be better to house the younger kit and mother seperatley.

good news mate so is it ok to keep 2 jills in the same cage when they have there kits i used to put them on there own i hope it ts ok it will save me getting a extra cage

I had two jills together who both gave birth the same time, i had intended to seperate them but got my dates wrong, their was only 5 kits left which they both reared, they had eaten the rest, i dont know why this happened, i think each of them must have felt their kits were in danger and ate them, but why were there 5 left alive? :hmm:

I had two jills together who both gave birth the same time, i had intended to seperate them but got my dates wrong, their was only 5 kits left which they both reared, they had eaten the rest, i dont know why this happened, i think each of them must have felt their kits were in danger and ate them, but why were there 5 left alive? :hmm:

sorry i dont no the answer to that, i was going to seperate them but iv not got a spare hutch the last time i seperated them the jills would go mad it was like they were hating being apart from each other as they are sisters, today i had the older kits in for a play about and when i put them back in the hutch the jill thats just had her young came out of her nest and grabbed them by the neck and pulled them into the nest with her and her own young, it was the strangeist thing iv ever saw,

I think its a pretty normal reaction for this jill to mother the older kits, i had an elderly jill here who woukld mother any rescue kits i took in who were not ready for re homing, she did everything bar feed them milk, as she got older she didnt have seasons but it made no difference , she loved having kits around her :yes: