falconry question needing an answer

stubby

The only issue i could see is that if you cant get out much with the bird through the season up until the three weeks you are needed to fly the bird, the bird will be very unfit, as easy as people say Harris hawks are to train and enter they take a lot of time and hard work too get fit. In my oppinion you need to be out daily to get a harris fit!

Other than that sounds like you have a great oppertunity and i hope you enjoy it!

atb

Luke

that's all been covered, I wouldn't be silly enough to cage it 11 months out of 12,

but use it for personal use mostly, with a little depot work, yet get paid for it

:thumbs:

Tiercel whst weight u fly your FHH at then?? I fly mine at 2lb 1 up her to 2.2 this week was a [bANNED TEXT] birch lol

She was flying well when dropped to 2lb1oz, but would respond all-be-it slugishly up to 2lb 3oz that said, she was in her third season. By the end of the season she would still hunt @ 2lb 1.5.

TC

I wont get into chatting about molting yet, as we don't cover that till Thursday,lol

and I don't expect to be fully knowledgeable with just a weeks course, although we do sit an exam on Friday,

but our instructor, is anti falconer, more bird controller, yes I know this will open a can of worms on here

but he has pointed out, falconry birds are put through a yearly moult, but bird control birds are not, as stated, until we cover this in more detail, I don't have any answer's as to why

I wont get into chatting about molting yet, as we don't cover that till Thursday,lol

and I don't expect to be fully knowledgeable with just a weeks course, although we do sit an exam on Friday,

but our instructor, is anti falconer, more bird controller, yes I know this will open a can of worms on here

but he has pointed out, falconry birds are put through a yearly moult, but bird control birds are not, as stated, until we cover this in more detail, I don't have any answer's as to why

the birds that are not moulted like the pets control birds are only there to scare the gulls away and not catch them so what u have is a sports car running on diesel as they feathers will drop but the bird will not have a complete set like in the moult,

a sports car run on high octain full will do what it is designed to do,the reason we moult as we do is to have the bird in as perfect condition as possible thus making the sport more enjoyable

the birds that are not moulted like the pets control birds are only there to scare the gulls away and not catch them so what u have is a sports car running on diesel as they feathers will drop but the bird will not have a complete set like in the moult,

a sports car run on high octain full will do what it is designed to do,the reason we moult as we do is to have the bird in as perfect condition as possible thus making the sport more enjoyable

yup, thats how it was described to us yesterday,