day out with staffyspence

malc1

gave spence a call to see if he fancied a day on the equestrian permisson, its the first time weve hit it this year. so off we go, got there about 9 am with murph the lurcher and good old lala the trusty jrt, four of my ferrets and of course staffyspence and mark and spences 2 ferrets he got from the rescue. as we got to the gate murph and lala were off chasing the rabbits then i called them back, lala marked a hole straight away which some times she can lie on the first few but she was bump on 1 rabbit in the net with lala holding it down so spence could dispatch it. nets up and on down the field lala bolted another out with murph on its tail picked it up out in the field only to change his bite and lala bumped him and off it went into the trees so we lost it bad luck dogs, for some reason all the rabbits were sitting under the trees and bolting every were. any way netted up another lot of holes that lala marked again and bump another 1 in the net with lala holding it for spence to despatch me and mark were in the ditch full of water, lala marked another set of holes nets on and out pops another rabbit right infront of mark and oopsss he missed it so of down the hedge it went dogs in toe. so we will get it next time. i went back to some holes lala was marking before but wasnt to sure, nets on ferrets in and bang we got 1, then it went quiet ruppert and spences ferret were still down so down went buttercup with coller on then ruppert came out fur all over him but no spences ferret, then rabbit comes out not looking to good with spences ferret still attached so we got them out and off to the mound which takes 100 plus nets. i net up in the ditch, spence and mark net up the top in go 5 ferrets and bang me murph and lala in the ditch which johnnyboy gets this job and he will tell you they come at you fast and they did i was up and down the ditch like mad i could here mark and spence up top haveing a good old time i got 5 out the ditch lost 1 lala grabbed 1 as i looked from down the ditch i could see her grabbing something dark i thought o no shes grabbed spences ferret i shouted as i ran up the ditch only to see she had got a black rabbit pinned down what a relief, its the first black rabbit ive had well chuffed anyway nets off and we were 2 ferrets missing ruppert again and spences ferret. murph new there was something by him in a hole so out with the disco carrot and it showed up 2foot down by murph so spence with spade in hand started digging then ruppert appered then spence put his hand down the hole pulled out the rabbit not looking to good and there was his ferret sitting there licking her lips so out she came and we packed up with atotal of 15 rabbits 10 out of the mound so not a bad day and weve had our first dig and first black bunny all in all had a great day with 2 great lads and good friends cant wait for next weekend. the wife was well fed up she had to work and missed out cheers mark and spence thanks for the help atb malc.

post-40158-0-87257400-1353870576.jpg

Just spoke to Tom Malc, he sounded gutted he missed the txt!!

Mark was chuffed when we left yours, first proper ferreting day, steady bolting and good bag, can't believe lala!!

Great day out for me mate, chuffed with these 2 Jill's, had them bolting like demons!!!

Cheers,

Spence

im ok mate pissed off about missing a day out with you and everyone your dogs are top hunters,see u soon .Tom.

we will be going in 2 weeks so be ready tom lad lala was on fire today i would rather go ferreting then lamping just lately

Weren't a bad dig, ground was soft, 2ft down, disco carrot was spot on and the first time I'd had to use it, Jill must have travelled 40ft + to get to there from where she started, thought she'd fecked off!!

glad you could work the disco carrot cos i would of still been looking