can anyone help plz [ breeding went wrong ]

unfortunately not all litters go to plan when breeding...........you should never count your chickens or get kids involved when breeding a litter as anything can happen as you sadly found out, i definately do not blame the stud dog in this case (UNLESS HE HAS PRODUCED PUPS WITH THIS PROBLEM BEFORE) , the guy with the stud gave you the mating and the bitch did produce pups, this is the hard truth so is nothing to do with him. if this was the bitches first litter the problem could be from her side!! personally i would blame the kennel cough as kennel cough does kill unborn puppies and can cause deformities, it is a huge danger to a pregnant bitch regardless to others that say it isn't. disappointment and heartbreak when breeding has to be accepted as it does happen unfortunately.

Hi there my bitch did not catch kennel cough when pregnant with pups she got it three weeks after giving birth do not get me wrong she was still feeding them . look mate i have had pms from 2 other people who had the same problems off the same lines 1 man cant sell his pups the other had to get two put down for the same reasons .

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

unfortunately not all litters go to plan when breeding...........you should never count your chickens or get kids involved when breeding a litter as anything can happen as you sadly found out, i defin

I had a very similar experience breeding the lurcher in my picture, I bred her with another handy lurcher (no relation) and every thing was going fine in the pregnancy and when she gave birth to 11 pu

I'm a little confused about the breeding specifics too but...   It could be the result of two recessive genes combining but both parents would need to carry at least one copy of the gene for it to b

unfortunately not all litters go to plan when breeding...........you should never count your chickens or get kids involved when breeding a litter as anything can happen as you sadly found out, i definately do not blame the stud dog in this case (UNLESS HE HAS PRODUCED PUPS WITH THIS PROBLEM BEFORE) , the guy with the stud gave you the mating and the bitch did produce pups, this is the hard truth so is nothing to do with him. if this was the bitches first litter the problem could be from her side!! personally i would blame the kennel cough as kennel cough does kill unborn puppies and can cause deformities, it is a huge danger to a pregnant bitch regardless to others that say it isn't. disappointment and heartbreak when breeding has to be accepted as it does happen unfortunately.

Hi there my bitch did not catch kennel cough when pregnant with pups she got it three weeks after giving birth do not get me wrong she was still feeding them . look mate i have had pms from 2 other people who had the same problems off the same lines 1 man cant sell his pups the other had to get two put down for the same reasons .

In that case then the guy with the stud dog should not be using him if he is aware of these problems BUT if people keep going to him for the use of his dog and he allows them then it is still not his problem when the pups are born ill or deformed, people need to do their homework before using a stud dog and not just jump in and use a dog because it's handy or a mates, did the bitch catch kennel cough off another dog in the house??

there was a spell of kennel cough going around the village and i was one of the unlucky ones whos bitch caught it. I thought i had done my research for a stud dog well, didnt think i would have any problems thought it was a one off until other people pmd me saying they were having the same problems. I am just going to live and learn and hopefully the next time will be better.

You should get your stud fee back its not only fair but if the studs owner has any respect for your eforts at finding a conclusion to the problem its the least he can do, even if he does your still out of pocket , some people are just in the game for the money . Thats my opinion