Question on new members posting

Guest JohnGalway

Guest JohnGalway

Hi folks,

A guy posted a question on another forum about THL.

hi, does anyone know how long it normally takes for the mods to let me post, its well annoying, made an account before and it took so long to allow me to post that ive forgotten my old loggin,so ive remade one and am now waiting again. any idea of how long it will take......

cheers

flash

So have the mods go an answer to this question please?

Thanks,

John

What happens john once a member fills in his details on the registration form an email is sent out containing a link he must then click this link to prove his email address is his own genuine email address. Thats the first step, I then manually validate each member, as theres many spam bots that register on forums and try to flood the place with fake members and posts... I normally check within 24hrs.

Guest astralmackerel

Hi,

A subject that I was curious about too. I hope you don't mind me joining this thread and being slightly off topic.

In my case it took a few days before I was able to post once I registered for a second time. My first attempt was using my own (once owned domain name) clanforbes but I am a btinternet customer and they supply us with an anti-spam measure called disposable e-mails. We can have as many as 200 email aliases which, if a spam bot gets we can ditch immediately. They, sadly, are YAHOO.co.uk addresses which are disallowed on this forum. So in the end I had to re-register under this name, and use a now defunct (or almost defunct) email address due to the masses of spam I get on it - to be honest, it's a pain in the rear end as I now have to wade through anything up to 150 spams each day for anything from THL.

So, my points are:

1. When I first, inadvertantly, used a yahoo email address to register, a quick e-mail would have saved me waiting for almost a week until I noticed i wasn't allowed then tried again with a non-yahoo address.

2. Can I ask, with all due respect, why yahoo and hotmail addresses are not allowed, especially when btinternet broadband users like myself have this superb facility provided as part of our bona fide internet supplier package ?

3. Finally, if it's because yahoo and hotmail are email only clients, then why not ban all the many others which are just the same ?

I hold the highest regards and respect to the moderators and all who run this forum, but I think this exclusion of yahoo and hotmail users to be a bit unecessary, but then, what do I know.

Best regards,

Ron

Edited by astralmackerel

They aren't excluded anymore Ron, its just I probably overlooked you by accident... :whistling: ...sorry bud :icon_redface: ..

If you email me at huntinglife@gmail.com with your prefered email address I'll update your details .... :thumbs: