Exploring new ground

Had a few crap sessions over the past week, crap weather, driving miles to permission and a general lack of rabbits being to blame so was a bit fed up. I've been ferreting and ratting some ground that i asked for the lamping for and was knocked back a few years ago but its on the doorstep and i know from ferreting that it holds a few so i thought i'd try asking the farmer again and ...... BINGO! New lamping permission 5 minutes from home with rabbits!!!

I had a busy evening last night and im off to work in a minute so only got out for an hour late last night. The weather was spot on, although the light pollution round here means its pretty much always a bit to light, and most of it was rape and wheat drillings. I got about ten runs and Willow picked up four. These rabbits have definately seen a dog and a lamp before and were flying over the drilled wheat. The first two got to cover without her putting a turn in but once she realised she needed to put them under pressure from the start she started catching well.

I could have stayed out all night, theres miles more ground to cover, but good sense prevailed and I stopped just gone midnight. I will be back though!

No picture as it was late and everyone knows what dead bunnies look like!

Well done mate, It's nice to have a bit on the doorstep... even better that it's holding a few.... they don't hang about on the driled fields though, we've got the same here, the dogs got to be on their ass from the word go... :thumbs: