just depends whether you want new or secondhand ,its a buyers market a the moment colin ,seen a few s/h airarm s410 and other good brands going for around what you want to pay ,best thing to do if unsure what to buy ,when you see something in your budget google it for a reveiw or ask on forum for lads that have used it think

• Like 1

if your after a springer the world is your oyster . sooooo many great guns at that price . the ones i would recomend

hw80k

hw95k

AAtx200hc

hw97

hw77

hw90k

dont know what size you are mate but if your of a smaller build the 95 will do you spot on great gun and so tuneable its mental . alot of the guys on here have them and rate them highly

hope this helps

• Like 2

thanks for the reply's lads.

i have only ever had centrefire rifles and 12g shotguns, so iv'e no idea what type of air rifle to go for! i got permission on a golf course and it's alive with grey squirrels and rabbits! so i need something that is powerful enough to kill both of them cleanly.

hi WEBSTER,

im 5'6 and stocky build. what sort of range can you shoot at with the HK95K? do you need a mod with a springer?

would you go for a .177 or .22?

i have a hw80 in .22 and i will take rabbits out too 45 yards no probs and so will a hw95 as i have had 2 of those i find the .22 hits harder but the pellet will fly on an ark the .177 will travel flatter and will kill if the pellet hits the correct area . in spingers i tend too go for .22 and in pcp i go for .177

i personally prefer my 2 hw80s ( springers ) to my hw100 (pcp) you just get more feedback with a spinger its more challenging to shoot them

im just over 6ft and the 80s can be heavy for a days shooting but the wait helps tame the recoil . i had 2 hw95 but found them a little too light for me but they were fantastic and brought home many a meal . the best piece of advice i can give is try picking a few guns up, some will feel totally wrong and some just fit

good luck

Edited by webster
  • Like 1

there is only realy a few top notch rifles

weihrauch hw90 hw97

air arms tx200 gorgeous gun

theoben under lever with a 7shot mag only spring gun with a mag i know off.

as for pcp's weihrauch hw100 as it is regulated people say they are not like that knob jockey Nigel Allen but they are regulated.

i love daystates but not willing to pay for one.

forgot to mention i have found weihrauchs dont need a tuning kit but it makes then even nicer too shoot . and another free tip when going out shooting in 2 degree temps wear thermals , I CANT STOP PEEING

im the same worse than a dog marking its territory :(

forgot to mention i have found weihrauchs dont need a tuning kit but it makes then even nicer too shoot . and another free tip when going out shooting in 2 degree temps wear thermals , I CANT STOP PEEING

:laugh: webster i was the very same while out deer stalking! as you i learned the hard way, i now wear LONG JOHNS!

what are these tuning kits that your on about? do they make the rifle more powerful?

they can but they make the gun smoother too shoot tame the recoil and make them more consistent when shooting ie the fps feet per second . plenty to chose from .i highly recommend v-mach kits but one of my 95s has a sfs (sandwell field sports) and its was amazingly smooth felt like shooting a rimfire .

hope this helps

there is only realy a few top notch rifles

weihrauch hw90 hw97

air arms tx200 gorgeous gun

theoben under lever with a 7shot mag only spring gun with a mag i know off.

as for pcp's weihrauch hw100 as it is regulated people say they are not like that knob jockey Nigel Allen but they are regulated.

i love daystates but not willing to pay for one.

hi geoff i seen the price of the daystate! i missed out on this one ;

Daystate Airwolf .22 40ft/lb FAC

Hi, i have for sale a Mint Daystate Airwolf 40ft/lb
air
rifle
in .22 calibre. It also has a Daystate leather bottle cover on the buddy bottle. It comes with the 10 shot mag, single shot tray, charger and isolator key. RFD transfer costs would be covered by the buyer and will be £20 to send the
rifle
. £500 plus the £20 transfer costs.

i'll have a look online t the other ones just mentioned

ATB

Colin

they can but they make the gun smoother too shoot tame the recoil and make them more consistent when shooting ie the fps feet per second . plenty to chose from .i highly recommend v-mach kits but one of my 95s has a sfs (sandwell field sports) and its was amazingly smooth felt like shooting a rimfire .

hope this helps

hope this helps

is the fps all the same or is their all different amounts of fps? also can i put the kits in myself or would i need a gun smith to do it?