New gun?

Im just in the process of buying a R10, waiting for its return from BSA.

They are the best looking guns on the market in my opinion and now that BSA have sorted out all the problems that went with the mk1 I think they are one of the best performing guns on the market too!

I can't wait for mine to return! :thumbs:

Both have had there fair share of problems I think. Same as any other pcp. What I would say though is buy second hand and have the r10 blue printed with the cash u save. Infact there was a blue print r10 for 400 on bbs lol but if you dont want to send it off, I'd go for Hw. I think they are better out of the box IMO

Im just in the process of buying a R10, waiting for its return from BSA.

They are the best looking guns on the market in my opinion and now that BSA have sorted out all the problems that went with the mk1 I think they are one of the best performing guns on the market too!

I can't wait for mine to return! :thumbs:

you say "return" did you have to send it back?

Think it depends what you want and what you will use it for. Like you I have been looking for my first PCP for use on my 1st permission and narrowed it down to the HW100K, BSA R10 or Daystate Huntsman. Price wise (new) the BSA was cheapest but there was only around £100 difference in the range. In the end I decided to save some cash and go 2nd hand and after a lot of research and waiting have done a deal this week on a HW100k thats only a few months old......got it with a nice Hawke night eye scope, slip and sling eyes fitted for £580 so reckon I saved a good £400 on buying the same new. With the money I have saved I have just ordered a brand new 7L air bottle for my local dive shop for £200!

My personal view:

HW100K - Proven design and very reliable. The main issue is on the older models that don't have the quick fill fitting as there have been problems with leaks occuring due to the constant removal of the air bottle. They have a design that prevents you double loading and come with 2 mags and the moderator fitted. Popular with hunters and always easy to re-sell. Main minus is shot count (around 60 for .177) but this is fine for hunting.......for HFT you would need to look at the S model for more shots or go for an after market cylinder

BSA - Good shot count and the MK2 seems to have solved the problems with the Mk1. I just didn't get on with the large bottle at the front and it didn't feel right to me......as with any gun its about how it feels to you when you hold it

Daystate - Very nice and probably on par with the HW (IMO)and if buying new they come with a 5 year warranty. They only come with 1 magazine and no moderator so aren't cheap when you add these in if buying new. Not many around 2nd hand either hence I opted for the HW.

There are loads more things I could comment on but the best thing is to try all of them and see what you feel suits you.........then hunt around for a good 2nd hand deal and buy a air bottle with the spare cash :victory:

Have a look on youtube as there are some excellent video reviews on all these from airgunTV, etc etc

My mate has just bought a hw 100 in 22 so I'm going to hav a look and feel of it and if I like it then in the new year I'm going to get one :)

Calibre choice is of course a personal thing so weigh up the pro's and con's of .22 V .177. If you think you will ever get into HFT at a local club then I would sway towards .177. If its only for hunting / plinking then its really what you prefer. I have always gone for .22 in my spring rifles but went for .177 on the HW as its only going to be for hunting and if going for headshots (which I prefer) either calibre will do the job. Remember with .22 you will need to take more account of the pellet drop when shooting over distance.....this can be learned but is less of an issue with .177.

Have a look at the after market cylinders for the HW from A&M.....these give a massive increase in shot count and are also much lighter. One of these is on my xmas list from Santa to go on the HW100K :boogy:

just swapped my HW100T for the new R10 VC in .22...

it's lighter than the HW100,

not nearly as quiet as the HW100

doesn't index as smoothly as the HW100

is every bit as accurate as the HW100 with Falcon Accuracy

prettier than the HW100

and it shoulders better than the HW100...

It just fits me really well.

Go and have a hold of them both, see what you think...

it's down to what feels right and does the job you require of it best.