Thread preview???

One or two forums that i use have a thread preview facility, you hover the mouse over the heading before clicking on to read in full and small box appears and gives you the first x amount of characters of the initial thread. I think this would be a great addition to this forum and would save a lot of bandwidth and would prevent folk clicking onto threads that are obviously not what the heading suggests.

Nothing more annoying when you expect to see a thread about tits and it ends up about feathered birds :laugh:

Just a thought...

There is already a thread preview option. If you go back to the thread list and put your pointer over a thread, watch out for a down arrow in a circle over towards the right near the name of the thread starter/last poster. Click on that arrow and there's your preview. Think the software here is different to other bulletin board type sites.

I know cos I asked about this ages ago......... :laugh:

Bloody hell, all this time and it was right in front of my face, not obvious though :laugh:

One or two of the other forums i use have it sorted so when you hover over the title for a few seconds it sends a ajax request (like the function on here), just seems a more simple way of doing it.

Oh well, at least i know now. :thumbs: