yes mate when you did the stat you should have give the rad a back flush and then with the stat out hose pipe in the stat housing and bootom hose of the rad and flushed the engine.

didi you do the stat your self, i ask as even if stat broke or on way out it wont blow water out of over flow pipe and if its going to over heat it will do it at all speeds not at 65 just wish i had got on here before could have put you on the right path, for the water to come out the overflow pipe you had a big blockage.

but if you have the time head gasket on the Terrano aint that bad and is not beyond the DIY mechanic if you do the job your self i would recomend you change the injector seals as well if they get a knick in them they can let Diesel into the sump fill the sump with fuel and the hydraulic the engine once that happens its of to the scrappy with the truck or a new engine.

paul

trooperman cheers for the advice mate :) i didnt do any of the work myself had a out of work mechanic do it he did say he did a back flush but i aint got a clue about cars!! i will get him to change injector seals when he does the work so far ive got the head skimmed for free the head gasket is going to cost £100 and the labour charge is £150

cheers stu

not bad price bullseye i dont think. wish id of seen this before im with tropperman it was a blockage from the description. if you ever have trouble with a head gasket or small hole in radiator or motors losing water if you need a short term fix try a tub of kseal for what it costs add it to the header tanks it stops interal leaks sometimes.