need help with sorting out paper proof for my permission on fields

garethf

Hi guys as the title says i need some help with sorting out some paperwork to keep for my fields that i shoot on.

At the moment ive only got insurance cover by NFU which covers me on the public side and verbal premission from the land owners. Currently ive never had any problems with the land i shoot on with regards to being approched etc (TOUCHING WOOD AS I TYPE THIS) but if theres anything more i can do to aviod loosing my shooting land ill take the time to cover myself

what do i need to do regards to paper work etc and getting the land owners to sign etc.

Do any of you guys go as far as producing a map with highlighted sections showing the land in question that you shot on and do you pay a visit to the local police station to show the paperwork

Hope for so advice form you guys

Thanks

gareth

I use a variation on a letter template sourced from an airgun bbs...

----

Pest removal disclaimer

This document is to certify that ______________ has been given permission by the owners of _____________________________________________________________ to hunt on their property for pest species (delete as appropriate):

rats / rabbits / corvids / pigeons / other (specify) ______________

All hunting will be carried out with a sub-12-ft-lb air rifle.

The boundaries within which shooting may be constrained will be highlighed on a separate map.

All care will be taken to ensure safe shooting practices whether in open countryside or around buildings and structures.

All hunting will take place at times deemed appropriate by the owners, with a "double check" phone call made before any proposed hunt.

Contact number(s): _________________________________________________________

All pest species eradicated will be removed and disposed off of the property by the hunter and regular reports on pest removal success forwarded to the owners. If any remains cannot be retrieved then the details will be forwarded to the owner.

No payment is asked for in return for these services. However a signature to confirm this permission is required for both parties in the event of official enquiry, damage to property, injury, or death.

---

There's a space at the bottom for me and them to sign, and I attach a print out aerial view for them to put a line around the boundary.

I use a variation on a letter template sourced from an airgun bbs...

----

Pest removal disclaimer

This document is to certify that ______________ has been given permission by the owners of _____________________________________________________________ to hunt on their property for pest species (delete as appropriate):

rats / rabbits / corvids / pigeons / other (specify) ______________

All hunting will be carried out with a sub-12-ft-lb air rifle.

The boundaries within which shooting may be constrained will be highlighed on a separate map.

All care will be taken to ensure safe shooting practices whether in open countryside or around buildings and structures.

All hunting will take place at times deemed appropriate by the owners, with a "double check" phone call made before any proposed hunt.

Contact number(s): _________________________________________________________

All pest species eradicated will be removed and disposed off of the property by the hunter and regular reports on pest removal success forwarded to the owners. If any remains cannot be retrieved then the details will be forwarded to the owner.

No payment is asked for in return for these services. However a signature to confirm this permission is required for both parties in the event of official enquiry, damage to property, injury, or death.

---

There's a space at the bottom for me and them to sign, and I attach a print out aerial view for them to put a line around the boundary.

Thanks mate thats just what i was looking for thanks