h f t shooting

hi can anyone help point me in the right direction ive been looking on youtube and seen alot of h f t shooting videos and would really like to give it ago it can only help my shooting skills for when im out in the field hunting the problem im having is i dont have a clue how you go about getting into h f t shooting do you need to join a club or just turn up at a place that do h f t shooting and i cant seem to find any place thats local to stoke on trent

i have shot in a few hft comps and it does help when you are in the field hunting i shoot for my club and am not sure if you need to be part of a club i dont think so to be honest tho i could be wrong. all you do is go to the shoot pay your money and get your card then try your best. another thing you can do is just get your self some reset targets and set them at different ranges i did this 5 yds apart up to 50 yds im sure in comps the targets only go out to 45 yds also get your self some reducers for the targets and set them out at a far distance maybe 25 yds up you'll find in comps that the reducers are at all different ranges but you should be able to hit on no prob if there at a closer range.

once you are comfortable shooting the targets in an open field try taking your targets to a wooded area and set them up and practice there all you can do is practice and if you do enter into hft comps you should do well

it also helps to get a chart (no every comp lets you use them) but if you set up a chart for your poa you can refer to that before taking your shot it really helps

and the good thing about setting out your targets every 5 yds or so it also helps you with judging distance which is probably the hardest thing to do while preparing for the shot if you dnt get it right plus the wind dirrection you'll drop the shot

i hope this helps you and you do well keep me informed. and all the best.

Edited by ghilliegod12

You don't have to join a club if thats not for you mate, just turn up at a comp and folk'll show you the ropes. If you can make it to any of the southern hunters series there'll be a few of us there so we can point you in the right direction(sorry, can't get your location on me phone so I dunno if you can or not). Its a great crack, and will definitely improve your shooting. Personally, I've taken the 'field full of knock downs' route cos I'm anti social lol, but generally the clubs are pretty friendly and wil provide you with an in to the sport, but if you just wanna turn up at a comp, then thats fine too.

Cheers, wurz

You don't have to join a club if thats not for you mate, just turn up at a comp and folk'll show you the ropes. If you can make it to any of the southern hunters series there'll be a few of us there so we can point you in the right direction(sorry, can't get your location on me phone so I dunno if you can or not). Its a great crack, and will definitely improve your shooting. Personally, I've taken the 'field full of knock downs' route cos I'm anti social lol, but generally the clubs are pretty friendly and wil provide you with an in to the sport, but if you just wanna turn up at a comp, then thats fine too.

Cheers, wurz

well said wurz buddy :thumbs: