Lost permission

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

terrible if your pals have done that they wana have respect 4 ya not disrespect

never mind doge77 you can come on my permisson as you no there is to much land for me so welcome any time just give me a bell

Cheers for the offer, i will be in touch.

i will pick you up we are going on some new land tonight had a walk round with land owner today it looks good plenty about

let me know how you got on tonight and the next time your going give me a bell, cheers again.

what i have been told is a lads dog caught a long ear during the day when golfers where on the course, he doesnt have permission and i dont know if the dog was slipped or it was just hunted up, he was seen throwing it the rough, this was months ago then there were rumours that the golf course hares had been wiped out and the keeper was going off his head, then a letter appeared saying you have lost the permission due to hare coursers.

I was on the course a couple of weeks ago to give my pup a couple of easy runs and i counted over a dozen hares that night and only about five rabbits so theres no truth in the hares been wiped out, theres also another guy in question but i know its got nothing to do with him, the first guy in question i do not know personally but have met him twice and the second guy is a good mate and have known of him and family for over 20 years.

might be a daft question but why would the keeper go off his head about the hares being wiped out?

obviously he won't be happy about poachers etc. but I don't get why he'd be angry about there being no hares there?

bad luck about the permission though, have you tried calling to see if you can persuade him to change his mind? it's not as if it had anything to do with you.

what i have been told is a lads dog caught a long ear during the day when golfers where on the course, he doesnt have permission and i dont know if the dog was slipped or it was just hunted up, he was seen throwing it the rough, this was months ago then there were rumours that the golf course hares had been wiped out and the keeper was going off his head, then a letter appeared saying you have lost the permission due to hare coursers.

I was on the course a couple of weeks ago to give my pup a couple of easy runs and i counted over a dozen hares that night and only about five rabbits so theres no truth in the hares been wiped out, theres also another guy in question but i know its got nothing to do with him, the first guy in question i do not know personally but have met him twice and the second guy is a good mate and have known of him and family for over 20 years.

might be a daft question but why would the keeper go off his head about the hares being wiped out?

obviously he won't be happy about poachers etc. but I don't get why he'd be angry about there being no hares there?

bad luck about the permission though, have you tried calling to see if you can persuade him to change his mind? it's not as if it had anything to do with you.

I got the permission through a mate that we flyfish together and he has spoke to him but its a no go at the moment, as for the hares, i know they dont dig the same as a rabbit but they will still scratch about so i dont see the problem but maybe someone has theres eyes on them for there self as theres a lad that shoots it and i think he still has his permission, i dont know for sure but birddog will know if the guy with the jeep has still got the permission. I have had a couple of funny looks when on the course with my dog and hes in the jeep.

I got the permission through a mate that we flyfish together and he has spoke to him but its a no go at the moment, as for the hares, i know they dont dig the same as a rabbit but they will still scratch about so i dont see the problem but maybe someone has theres eyes on them for there self as theres a lad that shoots it and i think he still has his permission, i dont know for sure but birddog will know if the guy with the jeep has still got the permission. I have had a couple of funny looks when on the course with my dog and hes in the jeep.

ah that would make sense, if he lets his mate on to shoot them that would be annoying. If you're just rabbiting though I don't see why he'd have a problem. If it was me I'd give him a couple of weeks to cool down and then see if you can talk him round.

ah that would make sense, if he lets his mate on to shoot them that would be annoying. If you're just rabbiting though I don't see why he'd have a problem. If it was me I'd give him a couple of weeks to cool down and then see if you can talk him round.

Got a pm off one of my mates and he says its not really worth bothering about as theres too many eyes even if your just rabbiting and your better off in the country lad, and hes right.

it's not so much the greenkeepers peed of at hares being killed i don't think but the fact that they've been left dumped in the rough and in the undergrowth on the railway line, showing no respect for him, the prey, the land, the wildlife or indeed the guys that had permission, the club commitee got complaints from members who have witnessed coursing, catching , dumping in broad daylight and at dusk when the professional has been the only guy around and it's them who have put their foot down as they have the final say. the original poster got his permission a couple of years ago for airgun shooting like he says through a mate, and i know this bother isn't directly his blame. i actually told a wee porky yesterday as on reflection it's 30 yrs and not 20 as i said i have ferreted and lamped this ground. it's taken me a long time to build up trust with the neighbouring farmers but thankfully 2 have called me and realise that its a mindless minority who have caused this problem. as far as i know the 'guy in the jeep' who has shot here and other courses in the area for a long time is the only guy whos allowed a dog now, his lab for retrieving but after speaking to him his lab is going to get a crash course in marking so they can come ferreting with me if it's a success he's got some areas on other courses that are going to be ferreted now as well

I used to shoot the course with an air gun until i got my dog, and used the dog for the rabbits as it stated in the permission that i here by give mr................... Permission to take vermin by any legal method, just incase anyone thinks i was running my dog where i shouldnt have been.