mixing new ferrets advise needed

hi all, been ferreting for about 3 years now and recently lost my hob (rip albi) .

iv got 2 new silver hobs and one of my jils keeps biting him in the back of the neck / shoulders .

he runs of and trys to hide but she keeps following him and picking on him , i think its the pecking order and they will sort it out between them selves but i will not leave them alone at the moment . can anyone give advise please as i dont want him getting hurt as he only 15 weeks old the jil is about 2/3 years old. all advise good or bad welcome

it will calm down in a couple/few days its either pecking order,,,or she doesnt want him in there,,but when she relises you aint takin him out she will give up and learn to get on with him,,,i know it doesnt seem like that know,,,,,thats my experience anyway,,ATB

thanks fox tails i have seperated them now and have them in seperate cages. i let them out for exersize in my workshop and hopfully they will get familiar with each other a bit more . the jill is normally really friendly and has never nipped or even showed me her teeth so was a big surprise.

Let them out on neutral ground. Cover all their necks in oilive oil. Let her with one at a time. They should lick the oil off each others

necks which will discoruage biting.

I have just read that she has draw blood on one of em. I would wait until they are abit bigger if you dont think they are big enough

to stick up for themselves. Make sure your there all time just incase ;)

Ive one here that wont mix, rives at the wire at any sight of another, wags her tail, draws blood on others.

Let them out on neutral ground. Cover all their necks in oilive oil. Let her with one at a time. They should lick the oil off each others

necks which will discoruage biting.

I have just read that she has draw blood on one of em. I would wait until they are abit bigger if you dont think they are big enough

to stick up for themselves. Make sure your there all time just incase ;)

Ive one here that wont mix, rives at the wire at any sight of another, wags her tail, draws blood on others.

thanks joe , i was letting them out in my workshop its neutral ground to all of them , there big enough to fight back and have done and now there all living happily in the big cage :boogy: cant wait to get out and work them this year , not long now chaps !!! tic toc tic toc .........