help needed in gloucestershire area

hi all i have a perm where crows and magpies are a big problem only thing is i cant get near them tried allsorts of ways but with no joy. and the owner is very nice but has asked me to tie up what i shoot on her chicken pen only thing is i havent shot any and its getting abit embarrassing now. is there anyone in my area that could maybe come with me and give me a few pointers as to what im doing wrong.

i would help you out but very busy at the moment, they are very clever. get into a hide or wherever you are out of sight before the sun comes up. get a magpie decoy if possible, lay a rabbit carcase out near it. patience is the key, they also go into a frenzy when one is shot so be quick on the reload. they also like eggs. anyway take a flask sit tight

• Like 2

Tell her the local Foxes nick em :thumbs:

But seriously, try decoys, Maggies, crows and especially an owl decoy over/near a split dead bunny!

Keep well hidden. Bread etc will bring em in, but if they so much as glance at you, they are outta there! :yes:

If you get chance to drop a squirrel, use it with a little cotton or fishing line tied to its tail, pull the line now and again, this gives the illusion of a fresh carcase for the quarry to enjoy :thumbs:

Tony

They seem to land in tops of trees about 70yrds away. I have been using a pop up hide placed along the hedge row the thing that annoys me is that they are there in large numbers flying about and i cant get them in range been 12 times and have spent 4hrs there each time.

Get as close as you can and dig yourself in for the long haul mate, you need a fair bit of patience and a lot of stealth.

Dead wabbit, crow decoy and tuck in tight to a hedgerow, full camp and a net if it helps. You will get there in the end, they just cautious little buggers and take a long time to settle once spooked.