Guest MOLLY

I thought it was just me, ive been having the same moments for a few weeks now, i get the camera and take pics of everything in the garden :laugh:

If anyone ever asked me to say my favourite flower i would'nt be able to answer because like you its the flower of the moment, couple of weeks ago it was the wonderful aqualegia...this week its the Iris.

This bulb must have got accidentally mixed in with the iris ones, it's suddenly appeared and i dont have the foggiest what it is, but it is gorgeous.

MOLL.

:clapper: Looking good Molly...Its exactly the same for me :) I've had some of the blue iris same as yours, but mine have been finished around a week now. I also like the Aquilegias :yes: , the wild ones (columbine) have been crackers this year mainly pinks through to purples. Here's one of the cultivated ones flowering at the moment

aqilegiasz5.jpg

The red flower looks like a variety of Canna to me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canna_%28Plant%29_Gallery

i have one, but its only just broken the surface, i got it to replace one of the aquilegias i drowned :icon_redface::laugh: Its a learning curve :laugh:

Guest MOLLY

Ive got exactly the same Aquilegia, plus ones with blue outer petals, all white ones, and the wild ones. One grew to nearly 4ft tall :icon_eek:

I cant remember what bulbs i ordered or what i planted last year, so i get nice surprises each time i go into the garden.

LOVE IT :D

MOLL.

Molly, Think your mystry red is a gladiolus. Cannas have large spade like leaves (slugs love them!) and Glads have thin large grass like leaves steming from base.

Love aquilegias too, so many differant colour combinations still waiting for my Iris Brassie to flower, but iris blue king already out in flower, really intricate patterns on petals. Oh and planted a rose last year - Albertine, climber which smells gorgeous, and looks kinda good.

Guest MOLLY

Ive had 2 different colour variations pop up........did'nt know i could get so bloody excited about a weed, i tease myself when i come home from work, wont allow myself to go into the garden untill ive seen to the furts and dogs :laugh:

I thought it might be a gladiola FPO, im quite pleased it is....will it produce more bulbs the same?

Recently planted a wisteria, passion flower, evergreen clematus and a normal clematus with big gawdy flowers for show :D

MOLL.