Pigeon magnet

Hi gang,

Well I've finally joined the technological age and ordered a pigeon magnet but have never used one before.

Where do I locate it in relationship to the decoy pattern?

Looks like the crops around here are all being harvested sequentially, so I want to make the most of it.

Cheers all

Duncan.

Hi gang,

Well I've finally joined the technological age and ordered a pigeon magnet but have never used one before.

Where do I locate it in relationship to the decoy pattern?

Looks like the crops around here are all being harvested sequentially, so I want to make the most of it.

Cheers all

Duncan.

leave it at home unless shooting over layed crops :whistling::laugh:

or just read this http://www.thehuntinglife.com/html/sections/articles/shooting/pigeon-shooting.html

I always take myn out with me pigeon shooting, last time i used it was over cut rape which has been laid and it worked spot on, but i agree with you other lads some times it does scar them but iv always found if its over such as rape place it to either left or right depending on the wind direction and set it off if it does scare the pigeons off turn it off and use it as a bouncer it gets the pigeons over top of crop, I also sometimes place 2 or 3 decoys around it a few feet away...but what ever you try mate good luck.

Place it near to the hide, off to one side, so the birds can see it in the distance, position it so as they come in to take a look at it, they will come across your decoy pattern just before they reach the magnet.

Dont bother with any fancy decoys on it either, just use dead birds.

• Like 1

Hi

I think they are ok now and then I have a couple of them and have had some cracking days with the magnets over the years bringing in a fair few decent bags on clover and drillings but mainly laid crops but on the onher hand it has spoilt what could have been a belter quite a few times,I wouldn't throw them in the bin as they can do well but more often than not I just use the bouncers,

Experiment mate as it certainly won't work if u don't try it, good luck

• Like 1

Hi

I think they are ok now and then I have a couple of them and have had some cracking days with the magnets over the years bringing in a fair few decent bags on clover and drillings but mainly laid crops but on the other hand it has spoilt what could have been a belter a few times scaring birds off ,I wouldn't throw them in the bin as they can do well but more often than not I just use the bouncers, just to add we use the magnets on crows at a stables and they love it,it gets mobbed

Experiment mate as it certainly won't work if u don't try it for yourself good luck

Really appreciate all the replies guys, thanks! :thumbs:

I've heard that they either work a treat or scare them off, but I can always bring it in if the latter is happening. As always getting under a decent flight line is always going to be the first priority.

I've already paid for the kit and its in the post, so a bit late to cancel it - will have to give it a go :)