Help !!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i have starved him & started feeding him today. So far so good, he aint puked yet, Thanks for the advice guy's.xxxx

fingers crossed he perks up.

BUT ................. LB, I thought you were mine. just you wait Molly :aggressive:

LB slow and steady ... keep the regime going for at least 3 days .... if all is well then increase the meal size and reduce the amount of meals gradually untill the dog is on 2 meals a day ..... then change the diet gradually ... i normall add 30% of the new diet for the first 3 meals then over the next week gradually more of the new diet and less of the old .... just out of curiosity has the dog had a pancriatic test ? ........

Guest Lurcherbitch
LB slow and steady ... keep the regime going for at least 3 days .... if all is well then increase the meal size and reduce the amount of meals gradually untill the dog is on 2 meals a day ..... then change the diet gradually ... i normall add 30% of the new diet for the first 3 meals then over the next week gradually more of the new diet and less of the old .... just out of curiosity has the dog had a pancriatic test ? ........

Thanks Socks, He has done really well today, he doesnt like me much for giving him small amounts, but hey if thats what works.

I'm not sure about the pancriatic test...will check with my vet...i know he had a load of tests done.

Keep your fingers crossed he has done well and hasnt thrown up today :good:

Caro & Moll get a grip or put on a mud wrestle at the midland to raise money :11: :11:

Guest Lurcherbitch

I am well chuffed, he has not puked again.........I am feeding him very little and often, it seems to be working, Will keep this going for a week or so then slowly get him on the dry stuff.

Caro lurve your avitar :11: :11:

Howdy Juicy....

glad yer beast is coming on, probably is just a sensitive belly, although I took on a six month old whipp/grey pup that puked like yours and looked sh*tty, I double wormed it, and fed well, within 2 weeks it looked magic and kept its dinner down. I reckon it was just a high worm load. S'pose you've covered that angle, though.

As for that lovely pic of you and your beast, well, for anyone that hasn't met LB, she looks just as good in the flesh....unfortunately, she has a face like a bag of spanners... :p:D:D only joshing...when you're a 6'2", suntanned hunk like me, everyone else looks minging :guitar:

Owd-Dick

had a dog in very simular state and eventually vet found out he had colitus caused by a twisted gut after a fall did as socks said for a few days then eventually started him back on solids. when he was eating better we started him on vitalin lamb and rice which is made esspecially for this prob and now hes come on leaps and bounds looks great now and even sorted his coat id recomend that food to anyone with picky dogs too :friends:

• 2 months later...
Guest Lurcherbitch

Well he has gone off to his new home, and has started puking again. Should i advice what i did , (starve for 48hrs then feed small amounts ) or will 24 hrs be enough??.

Bless him he was looking so well, was gonna post a pic but my son has taken my camara :rolleyes: .

that will be nerves and the new environment ... no need to starve him just keep him and his surroundings calm and quiet and feed him little meals often and he will be fine .................

Guest Lurcherbitch
that will be nerves and the new environment ... no need to starve him just keep him and his surroundings calm and quiet and feed him little meals often and he will be fine .................

Thanks hun, he is pooing brite yellow poo too :icon_eek: . He has gone to a lovely quiet home so keeping him calm wont be a problem ;) .