Season fast approching...

milo

Just wondering how you guys hawks/falcons are doing thro this moult,and what methods you guys will be using to get our raptors ready for the hunt,not sure about you lot but im busting to get out and do some quality hawking this season... :thumbs:

Cant wait to get out also mate FHH is moulting out nicely into her adult feathers so she will look the part when I catch her up again then let the manning begin lol

Hope all goes well your end mate

Atb

Ross

Cheers buddy,my number one intension is to get my male taking a cock phessie,had some near missis last season but il be getting my bird has fit has poss over the next few weeks,hes gonna be on a very tight training regime :laugh: ....

Sorry I'm a newbie trying to get in to this but when I was working week before last saw a guy flying a hawk ? Thought it was out of season .

could have been a hawk thats used in bird displays or pest control,most hunting folk put they birds down approx around end of march and pick them back up around aug so the birds can have (hopefully)a nice set of new feathers to hunt in..

Sorry I'm a newbie trying to get in to this but when I was working week before last saw a guy flying a hawk ? Thought it was out of season .

could have been a hawk thats used in bird displays or pest control,most hunting folk put they birds down approx around end of march and pick them back up around aug so the birds can have (hopefully)a nice set of new feathers to hunt in..

No mate this guy was hunting ... Watched him for a bit because I thought it odd ??

Well weighed my fella all week started off just under 1lb 9 on mon weighed him thismorning 1lb 7 and a half tried him to feed off glove at 10yds second call and on the fist :yes: ... cant wait till the weekend he will be off free by mon im sure.... ROLL ON THE SEASON :D

Just wondering how you guys hawks/falcons are doing thro this moult,and what methods you guys will be using to get our raptors ready for the hunt,not sure about you lot but im busting to get out and do some quality hawking this season... :thumbs:

the little male Gos from last year was a bit slow getting going this year moult wise Milo, he's now in the aviary looking like a feather duster and looking good with his greys coming through :thumbs:. a pal might be taking him on to fly him when he has finished the moult if I take on one of them pointy wing things :laugh:........

Both harriss are moulted pretty much ( male + female to be flown in a cast again if my patience allows lol)

The spar is pushing he tail well and should be ready in a couple of weeks ( magpies watch out!!!!!!!)

My mate has a young male gos to get going on magpie/ crow ( first kill last night!!!! )

to later be moved onto game ( I think that's the plan lol ) which is full filing the falconry needs at the moment.

Very much looking forward to getting the spar going and then busting bunnies with the hh!!

Falconersheil !!

All sounding very promising guys...nice to get them out its been a long wet summer with tempartures up and down playing hell with the moult but i think its TIME... Get the birds fit,and get them out for some good flights and decent kills,be nice to see and hear reports from like minded hawkers/falconers Good Luck to ALL. :thumbs:

first season with a longwing for me, young Gyr saker tiercel, coming along very well thus far, real pleasure to mann and basic training, now flying aggressively to lure and getting fitter by the day, the real hard work of entering him to chosed quarry starts when the fields down and the fun begins

good luck to everyone for the coming season

Edited by arcticgun