no your not to early theres hundreds of em where i go ...what bait you useing moley???? you should be getting them at this time of year its been so bloody mild they have been about nearly all year .....

no your not to early theres hundreds of em where i go ...what bait you useing moley???? you should be getting them at this time of year its been so bloody mild they have been about nearly all year .....

minced rabbit , whole rabbit and fish, had a few from the usual places but nothing compared to last year, bin trying a bit further upstream where a mate got a few last year , but just not getting anything much anywhere,

the bait sounds good mate smellier the better though road kill rabbits and mackrel :thumbs-up: they are loaded with eggs at the moment dont know if that has owt to do with it ... :hmm: but thay should be about thats for sure ... ;)

are they only in some areas or everywere ? ;)
they are in most rivers cleaner the better though ..thats what i tend to find :thumbs-up: ;)
the bait sounds good mate smellier the better though road kill rabbits and mackrel :thumbs-up: they are loaded with eggs at the moment dont know if that has owt to do with it ... :hmm: but thay should be about thats for sure ... ;)

are they only in some areas or everywere ? ;)

they are in most rivers cleaner the better though ..thats what i tend to find :thumbs-up: ;)

any pics of how you set them or or a cray fish when caught in a trap,sounds interesting

i dont use traps when we go river fishing for brownies :whistle: we build a rock pool just out of the fast water around a foot deep we chuck a couple of road kill bunnies in it and then we go fishing .......when we have finnised fishing we check the pools ...forgot to add in the bottom of the pool place an old landing net put the bunnies on top so you just lift the net out and pick your crays out if we build a couple of pools we average around 60 crays somtimes a few more somtimes less .....then half of them might be small but always catch enough to feed a few folk on the barby :D if we set proper traps we would get alot more but we get enough for what we need... :D i will take some pics next time i go ... :thumbs-up: ;)

There was a thread discussing this before and it's worth repeating that the Environment Agency provide a neat little pack on crayfish trapping and identification for free

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...ndpost&p=169095

That thread also talks about various commercial traps and the legal restrictions of trapping crayfish - even the pest Signal ones.

This is a copy of the laminated card that comes with it. I hope I am not infringing any rules by posting it here for the common good.