Don't get no pics off the river but here's a bream and the biggest barbel of the session and a new pb's with both and like a nob forgot the f****n unhooking mat was fuming with myself

Bream was 9.12

8fcc0e44.jpg

Barbel Was 11.4

bb55dbd9.jpg

is that

cliffton grove in the back mate used to be my old stomping ground dug all sorts off there lol atb sp ps nice fish.

Edited by spazzy paddy

Hi

First day and night done only 6 barbel upto 10ib the water is about a meter up it dropped yesterday but is rising today maybe a spot of rain up stream.one more day and night to go, I'll put pics up tomorrow when I get back to the pc,

Tight lines

First fish of the day

b935479c.jpg

Lol

We ended up with about 20 fish in total with the best au 11 lb 2 oz

41cf354a.jpg

The ones below we're the average size from 6lb to 9 1/2 lb

48b1a9cd.jpg

3ed8d5e5.jpg

741b9eed.jpg

Was a good weekend many came and left as it was well up snd 6 oz struggled to hold,

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi

Fished peg 1 and 4 on the Smeatons stretch of the Trent,had a good time few fish few beers and great weather,shame it wasnt a foot lower we lost a fair bit of end gear due to debris being washed down river,a few in the day but mostly caught at night,the bottom fish had been bitten by a pike, Daz put some flesh wound ointment on before it was returned,it's not the best stretch but it always produces and has kept us going every year for a long weekend for the last 10 + years,

Atb 224

Good time, good fish, can it get any better, would of liked to see the pike that grabbed that barbel, it doesn't look like a pike bite, more of a heron stabb, but may have had more detail seeing it in the flesh, (no pun) i would of put that mackeral on a pair of treble's, just incase it was about, nice fish, hope there is not as much water next time, good luck. :thumbs:

Cheers billy

We thought it was a herron stab at first but as we turned it over it was both sides and the shape of a big pikes mouth the pic doesn't show it very good ,you could see the lacerations as it pulled free,bet it was a big begger,maybe we should have sacrificed the mackerel lol, going to have another bash when the levels drop a bit, if it ever stops raining,

Atb

I was fishing at the bottom of the lock at Cromwell many years ago when the water board turned up to lift a dead pike out of the water that had been hit by a propeller, they weighed it and it was high 30s if i remember rightly which was over the british river record at the time :icon_eek: so pike having a go at big barbel in the Trent aint a supprise.

Edited by buster gonads