hi has any one got any plannes pics or advice for an avairy for my canarys its going to be 6ft 6ft and what over birds can i have in there with them some how breed bird long time ago said i can have diamond doves in there is there any over doves what i could keep in there and said i can have finchs but what sort

regards

hugo

I have three flights 14ft x 5ft x 8ft in height, I house 3 to 4 pairs of different species of native finches in each flight during the breeding season.

In a 6ft x 6ft flight depending on the height 4 or 5 hen canaries with 3 cocks would be fine but if you intend breeding natives I'd say 2 pairs is enough in a flight this size.

Generally speaking canaries are bred in smaller cages but if you just want to keep a few birds in a flight for the enjoyment of it a couple of pairs of canaries and maybe a pair of greenfinches and a pair of siskins or redpolls would be ideal to start off with...

Dove although quite small birds take up a lot of flying room imo and i myself would rather have another native pair and with having one aviary don't forget what your going to do with the youngsters next year if your having breeding pairs in it as you can expect to more than double,treble or even quadrupal the birds you have at the start of the year.My lad has one pair of redpolls that so far have produced 7 to sticks and 3 still in the nest so gives an idea of how numbers can grow from just one pair (x5 and expect more from canaries)and they had clear eggs and one nest destroyed.