field mushrooms.............but she not sure

just got home from walking the dog up the field and while up there i came across these, nice little find for breakfast in the morning,im not eating those she said as i handed them over to the missus smiling,they not mushrooms,so what are they then i asked,dont know she said but you cant be to sure,not all black and manky i think put her off :laugh: :laugh: ffs woman you gotta love them

shroom1.jpg

shroom2.jpg

As the saying goes "There are old mushroomers and bold mushroomers; but there are very

few old, bold mushroomers" so unless you are very sure about what you have picked don't eat it. One of the most common mix ups with edible mushrooms is the yellow stainer looks a lot like the edible horse mushroom but gives you bad guts.

http://www.rogersmushrooms.com/gallery/DisplayBlock~bid~5503~gid~~source~gallerydefault.asp

• Like 1

As the saying goes "There are old mushroomers and bold mushroomers; but there are very

few old, bold mushroomers" so unless you are very sure about what you have picked don't eat it. One of the most common mix ups with edible mushrooms is the yellow stainer looks a lot like the edible horse mushroom but gives you bad guts.

http://www.rogersmus...lerydefault.asp

never heard the saying,very good that :thumbs: