Air Pistol

What is the best air pistol I can get my hannds on??? preferrably something I can tune up quite easily. I had a .22 break barrel thing brought over from germany some years back, was brilliant for sorting things out in the live traps, until some bugger nicked it from the back of my truck last week.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

For cage trap despatch, I'd like what Killgerm offer as the " RatBuster ". I believe it's actually a Crossman 22 - 44 ? Don't quote me on that as it's been a time now.

I found an entire US site dedicated to the pistol and ways of glorifying it. Whip the plastic grips off it and put some wooden ones on? I'll come and nick it from ye motor! :icon_eek:

It's a gorgeous looking piece, decked out. It also has just the right looking sort of barrel for that coupe de grace shot between the bars. And it's CO2 operated.

I want one Badly myself. Just building up a head of steam to apply for a lisence over here ;)

US pistols and UK pistols vary in power quite dramatically. Having used the "Ratbuster" supplied by KG I went straight back to the HW45, as I didn't think the Crosman was up to the job. It's not a patch on the Sheridan Prohunter or the HW45 which have the power to dispatch humanely and cleanly.