this might be the stupidest question but!!!

thats a great video ferret100 (just gonna show the wife to put her mind at rest!!!0i presume that ferret is a pet and not a working ferret

I presume its a pet ferret, just posted the vid from Youtube....

if it was a working ferret that rabbit would be proper f****d :yes:

What proper f****d lol?

• Like 3

We had rabbits next to the ferrets when the kids where young and it didn't bother either the rabbits or the ferrets , But the rabbits got myxi and i got the blame for bringing a dead rabbit home on day with a flea on it .

We had rabbits next to the ferrets when the kids where young and it didn't bother either the rabbits or the ferrets , But the rabbits got myxi and i got the blame for bringing a dead rabbit home on day with a flea on it .

im sure you were popular in your household mate getin the kids pet rabbits maxi :icon_eek:

'theferreter' timestamp='1340233667' post='2676786']

'The one' timestamp='1340232098' post='2676752']

]im sure you were popular in your household mate getin the kids pet rabbits maxi :icon_eek:

I sure was mate the kids weren't to bothered as they where fed up with them ,but they had a litter and they all caught it as well and the wife gave one to her mate for her kids and it caught i had to pay to get it vaccinated and it still died and was told i had to replace it cost me £6 for a bloody rabbit when i was getting 30 pence each from the game dealer i could of cried :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

That video may be the exception to the rule.

Don't think for one second that all ferrets would behave this way. Even if it was a kit when you got it. One day in might just bite a bit too hard. When ferrets bite each other there skin is thick enougth to take it.

I have ferrets that have never been out on a hunt. But go mad at the smell of next doors rabbit. And desperately try to get under the fence to it. I don't think they just want to play!

As said before it will depend on if your hunt too though

Good luck mate and let us all know how it goes.

Will be interesting

• Like 1

deano mate i would get friction murdered i reckon i would prob get kicked out the house mate i really don't know what to do now???and no matter how much you proof something its never really enough theres always a chance!! and there rabbit got mixy before and tbh she still bangs on about it now!!

sad times for me :(

atb stu

If your going to try an do whats on that video If I was you i would also look for an old empty shoe box cause i would say that ferret in the above video is a very rare exception and youll need the shoe box to bury old bugs bunny in.Also have a hole big enough for the shoe box dug at the bottom of your garden as the wife and kids will never let you feed it to the ferret once he kills poor buggsy. :yes: Theres nothing wrong with keeping pet rabbits but its two hutches my friend as far apart as you can possibly get and never the twain shall meet, in my humble opinion.Ive watched that video about 6 times and still cant believe a ferret is mates with a rabbit .

TBH, I don't recommend putting ferts with any prey species (pet rabbits etc). Don't think the fert and bunny are mates, just fert hasn't quite clicked how/why to kill it yet. I think hoping predator and prey co-existing like this would be short-lived in most circumstances. There always exceptions I suppose, but it's a risky gamble. Best to keep ferts and Thumper securely housed separately.

Parrot and fert....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0y9j32h70&feature=related

Even wild predators throw a spanner in the works.