female chocolate lab back to a yellow lab-- what colours could this produce...

i have a good little choc bitch that i do abit of mooching with and im thinking about using my friends yellow dog as he is a good worker to.. but ive had mixed accounts as to what colours theyll throw, not that im bothered, just someone said they can be mis-marked i.e choc with yellow bib etc etc.. ? thanks

nah there'll be a mix of choc, yellow, possibly black pups. depends on what colour genes the dogs carry. if the yellow is yellow/choc and the bitch choc/choc ..it'll be yellow and choc pups, its all down to recessive and dominant genes. VERY unlikely you'll get mismarked pups.

Don't think you'd get mismarks, but you may well get pups with lighter skin pigment. You may find that any Choc pups have pinkier noses and eye rims, rather than dark ones.

Best of luck with whatever you choose, we shall of course want updates!

Ali

Edited by amentalcat

chocs shouldn't be put to yellows it weakens the colour and produces them horrible really light chocs with light noses, choc should be put to either chocs (full choc litter) or black carrying choc (black and choc mixed litter) or if just black it would be a full black litter.

If the yellow dog carried choc you would get black and chocs *if* they was no black in the yellow dogs line or chocs line you would get full cho but again would be them fugly chocs