Saluki Greyhound x Collie Greyhound

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good cross ran one in the 80s made old bones ran well on hares worked the lamp and hated the red the ones i had and mates ran were honest dogs and loved the hunt atb troter photos of the dog pre ban

Here is a older dog of mine..Cattle dog x grey Saluki X grey with a bit of deerhound in there ..25 in tts and endless stamina with brain's to go with it..he ran well over 100 rabbit's a night on many

The breeding was repeated Giro but it was around 8/9 yr's ago an by all account's a bitch pup from the litter was doing really well...i have lost touch now with the folk involved..i did bit's with him

Posted Images

had this type for years mate one a few coursing cups i had a top class collie lurcher lana we produced very good pups had three litts of that type now over the years and everyone fills a bag got a bitch in her prime minni shes a good little dog , saw several i bred and they are running dogs for sure , but i believe you have to have the right] collie type and saluk to start with , get people wanting that type al the time , got several pics but all in photos not digital grand stamp of a dog ,some can lamp course and ferret as they steady down with the best of them , they have took over from were i started thirty years ago with the deerhound collie type dogs , cant fault them but i wouldnt use half collie, i used pacy dogs to ,worked out fine ,if you use the right stamps of the saluk type and fast colie grew type youll get a dog that can run any were fast ,strong feet, clever , a [bANNED TEXT] poaching dog but with the skill for a daylight course

Edited by BLACKWATER...

your right there whin i ran a good few over the years the one in the photo was very good on hare was ran on the big land all its life he was off a coursing dog from rochdale lancashire to a first cross colllie bitch who was a good day and night dog if the ban was lifted i would go back to this cross in a heart beat but as it is a will run my rabbit dogs i still have fun with them atb troter

your right there whin i ran a good few over the years the one in the photo was very good on hare was ran on the big land all its life he was off a coursing dog from rochdale lancashire to a first cross colllie bitch who was a good day and night dog if the ban was lifted i would go back to this cross in a heart beat but as it is a will run my rabbit dogs i still have fun with them atb troter

just oot a curiosity mate why wouldnt ye run this cross on bunnys that bitch i had was very good on bunnys by my standards :thumbs:

Here is a older dog of mine..Cattle dog x grey Saluki X grey with a bit of deerhound in there ..25 in tts and endless stamina with brain's to go with it..he ran well over 100 rabbit's a night on many occasion's and just jump in the motor at the end of the night as though he had never been out..(woodga can vouch for this :thumbs: ) ..he was not bad on the fox's either but if he did get a bad bite he would refuse the next one or two in the following week's but would all way's switch back onto them..if i could have a clone done of him today i would pay good money.. :yes: .

s084.jpg

pict0002small1.jpg

• Like 2

Here is a older dog of mine..Cattle dog x grey Saluki X grey with a bit of deerhound in there ..25 in tts and endless stamina with brain's to go with it..he ran well over 100 rabbit's a night on many occasion's and just jump in the motor at the end of the night as though he had never been out..(woodga can vouch for this :thumbs: ) ..he was not bad on the fox's either but if he did get a bad bite he would refuse the next one or two in the following week's but would all way's switch back onto them..if i could have a clone done of him today i would pay good money.. :yes: .

s084.jpg

pict0002small1.jpg

iv always wondered aboot the cattle dog/grey x coursin dog would turn oot like, cheers :D:thumbs:

That looks a Tidy animal Millet...

Did they never repeat the breding ??

That looks and sounds like the type of dog I would like...

Did you run him much during the day ???

• Like 1

The breeding was repeated Giro but it was around 8/9 yr's ago an by all account's a bitch pup from the litter was doing really well...i have lost touch now with the folk involved..i did bit's with him during the day but he was mainly used on the lamp as i had a full time job at the time...the dog in my picture broke his back hock at 9mth old on a bunnie and still manage to catch it on 3 leg's and that is 100% the truth.. :thumbs:

• Like 2

just oot a curiosity mate why wouldnt ye run this cross on bunnys that bitch i had was very good on bunnys by my standards :thumbs:

i did run him on bunnys red did plenty big numbers on the lamp what i mean is why feed a big dog when a little dog does the same job on bunnys thats the only thing we can go at now but like i said if this ban was lifted i would go back to this cross tomorrow atb troter