Knitting with nylon.

Weedy

Hi Folks.

Have been Knitting nets for along time from hemp and spun poly. How ever I've always struggled to knit successfuly with nylon in any of the z's. Always end up with the net sliping for some reason. Any sugestions as to where I've been going wrong??

Cheers Weedy.

Sorry! Ment to say that I'm currently using spun nylon. Also I'am using a double knot and still getting sum slipping in the net. Very frustrating!! Never have this with spun poly or hemp.

Cheers Weedy.

You shouldn't be getting a slipped knot using a double knot your doing something wrong and with out seeing you knitting it would be hard to guess but the easiest thing is your not pulling it tight enough ?.

You shouldn't be getting a slipped knot using a double knot your doing something wrong and with out seeing you knitting it would be hard to guess but the easiest thing is your not pulling it tight enough ?.

Well I've made a slight adjustment and it seem's to be working now mate. As you say it is difficult to advise without seeing how I've been knitting. Its a bit sifficult to explain where I think I've been going wrong too, but the best way I beleave to explain it is that I seem to have been knitting in reverse. Hope that makes sense. I think tension may have had a hand in it too. Thanks for the advise though fella. And the same to everyone else who contributed.

Chers Weedy

Glad if you have sorted the problem if no tie your knot round both the meshes tighten it then repeat going threw the meshes ,or do it in one knot round the two meshes then in between and pull tight a carrick knot ?,. its easier to do than type it mate

Glad if you have sorted the problem if no tie your knot round both the meshes tighten it then repeat going threw the meshes ,or do it in one knot round the two meshes then in between and pull tight a carrick knot ?,. its easier to do than type it mate

Thanks The One, Am trying many sorts of ways, but pretty sure I,ve got it now.

Thanks Weedy :thumbs:

Its easier with somebody showing you than trying to pick it up from books the internet etc and you can ask any questions that come up at the time .So if you can i would ask some one local to show you .

Sometimes guys use too thick a Mesh Board and thinking the knot is pulled tight it sometimes isn't and when the Board is removed for the next row, there can be some slips and meshes getting screwed up.