migmog.!! I was a member on this site a good few year's ago..Just had a pm of Sean that shon a light on my old profile name.

Si I know all air rifles need to bed in and so on. All the point was... was the grease that Weihrauch use, apparently its different from the grease's that are used in other rifle's.

Im going by what someone else has told me here..he shoots the HFT nationals every year and knows the game very well and its the lads that use the 100 that have told him this.

Sorry if i couldnt explain it any better :blink:

Marty :victory:

Are you on about springers deiseling, or PCP's deiseling? Because I dont know if a PCP can deisel, there's no piston sliding through grease on a PCP? Your pellets may have some sort of manufacturing release coating on them maybe.

migmog.!! I was a member on this site a good few year's ago..Just had a pm of Sean that shon a light on my old profile name.

Si I know all air rifles need to bed in and so on. All the point was... was the grease that Weihrauch use, apparently its different from the grease's that are used in other rifle's.

Im going by what someone else has told me here..he shoots the HFT nationals every year and knows the game very well and its the lads that use the 100 that have told him this.

Are you on about springers deiseling, or PCP's deiseling? Because I dont know if a PCP can deisel, there's no piston sliding through grease on a PCP? Your pellets may have some sort of manufacturing release coating on them maybe.

To be honest mate It was somthing a lad mentioned at the gun club about weihrauchs using a particular type of grease that tend's to make them creep over the limit...On saturday il be asking him a bit more about it..il let you know.

He's mensioned it a few time's before.

Marty

To be honest mate It was somthing a lad mentioned at the gun club about weihrauchs using a particular type of grease that tend's to make them creep over the limit...On saturday il be asking him a bit more about it..il let you know.

He's mensioned it a few time's before.

Marty

Ok mate, but I think you'll find its springers your mates on about, cant see why a minute amount of grease in your regulator would cause deiseling, unless someone else knows different?

Made a phone call today to a good mate who has worked with air guns all his life , he is resposible for designing the daystate air wolf , so knows his onions.

The problem is that they use a very heavy grease on the hammer (most pcp's use a dry hammer), over time it thickens and causes increased pressure at this point causing a varience in power. (there is a science behind this , but , dont ask me....lol)

The answer is to strip it , remove the grease , and replace with a light oil or light gun grease.

The reason for them doing this was unknown , but the later models seem not to have this "rogue" grease

Hope this helps

Brilliant Sean buddy.

Makes sense as hammer weight is part of what makes a pcp shoot at a certain pressure.

Tench told me that too.

Si.

so in theory then if the hammer is polished right up (something i intend to to do when i service the 410) it will be a bit lighter! will this alter things?

Made a phone call today to a good mate who has worked with air guns all his life , he is resposible for designing the daystate air wolf , so knows his onions.

The problem is that they use a very heavy grease on the hammer (most pcp's use a dry hammer), over time it thickens and causes increased pressure at this point causing a varience in power. (there is a science behind this , but , dont ask me....lol)

The answer is to strip it , remove the grease , and replace with a light oil or light gun grease.

The reason for them doing this was unknown , but the later models seem not to have this "rogue" grease

Hope this helps

This Must be what he's refuring to.

Like Iv mensioned in other post's... "Im not the technical type" . Even when Im at the club they all have these chart's on trajectory and range.I point and shoot and do as good as the rest.

Cheer's Sean

Si..No hard feeling's

Il leave the technical stuff to those who can explain better in the future :whistling:

Marty

Edited by Probuk

Brilliant Sean buddy.

Makes sense as hammer weight is part of what makes a pcp shoot at a certain pressure.

Tench told me that too.

Si.

so in theory then if the hammer is polished right up (something i intend to to do when i service the 410) it will be a bit lighter! will this alter things?

It will decrease lock time , but dont over do it , there is no need to "polish" it , just take the,roughness of it to make it travel better in the carrier

Brilliant Sean buddy.

Tench told me that too.

Si.

It will decrease lock time , but dont over do it , there is no need to "polish" it , just take the,roughness of it to make it travel better in the carrier

thanks for that

POLISH THE SIDES OF THE SLINGSHOT DEVICE TO A MIRROR FINISH. DO NOT LUBE THE UNIT AS ANY GREASE WILL INDUCE A DRAG ON THE HAMMER..that's on the huntsman strip and polish guide lol wouldn't of thought there should be grease on it atall

POLISH THE SIDES OF THE SLINGSHOT DEVICE TO A MIRROR FINISH. DO NOT LUBE THE UNIT AS ANY GREASE WILL INDUCE A DRAG ON THE HAMMER..that's on the huntsman strip and polish guide lol wouldn't of thought there should be grease on it atall

o not even a spot of oil then (which is what i would of done} cheeers