Keeping him in shape out of season at the Dog track .

Took my 3 year old Saluki boy to the track last week for a couple of time trials to help keep him in condition whilst we are out of season and I now live only 10 minutes walk from the track .

As soon as he spotted the hare he was well kean which surprised me as it doesn't have any fur on it !

He ran two 100 metre sprints in 5 seconds and a 260 metre in 18 seconds not bad for only his second attempt . He lost a bit of speed through the bend in the 260 so I reckon he could get that down to a low 17 not far off the pace of a greyhounds 16.5 to qualify .

Going to try him over the longer 460m distance next time see how he goes it's a good bit of training to keep him in shape and he loves it as much as chasing the real thing apart from not being able to kill this one .

7d4e1dd0.jpg

where's the track pal? there's one not far from me, keep toying with the idea of giving mine a whirl to see how she gets on.

Ellesmere Port dog track mate , Greyhound racing Wednesday and Saturday time trials Sunday morning. The one I went to is ran by the Afghan hound association is just for fun and is on the first Sunday of the month . Usually a few lurchers and salukis as well as Afghans border terriers collies and even a Borzoi you can go head to head if both owners are happy. My boy loves it !

Cheers

Paul