Equine physiotherapist

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only use equine chiropractors myself. Physiotherapy has it place...last behind the other diagnostics/treatments that are more important. Imo, physio is just exercices that require not much more than common sense.

Totally disagree, I have worked for an equine physio and the treatment goes way beyond basic common sense exercises. With the use of various machines and exercises that most people wouldn't think to do they can sort some very complex problems.

Only use equine chiropractors myself. Physiotherapy has it place...last behind the other diagnostics/treatments that are more important. Imo, physio is just exercices that require not much more than common sense.

Totally disagree, I have worked for an equine physio and the treatment goes way beyond basic common sense exercises. With the use of various machines and exercises that most people wouldn't think to do they can sort some very complex problems.

Some Physios do a superb job when needed (with use of laser/ultrasound etc), but very few and far between are worthwhile. What machines do you mean? Seen alot of Physios waste alot of time and money, nice to hear you know of one that holds some worth. Work with eq phys, depending on the prob, work with non phys that proved far more beneficial. I guess we'll have to just disagree.

• 1 month later...

If you had the choice would you rather your horse seek treatment for a muscular injury from a equine massage therapist or equine physiotherapy? as some people say there isnt much different in the type of work they both do but then others would totally disagree, obviously by experience and seeing the horses benefits afterwards

If you had the choice would you rather your horse seek treatment for a muscular injury from a equine massage therapist or equine physiotherapy? as some people say there isnt much different in the type of work they both do but then others would totally disagree, obviously by experience and seeing the horses benefits afterwards

Tbh, an equine phys should carry out massage therapy if the horse requires it. Either a treatment course requires physio, or it doesn't. It depends on the injury. Are you referring to a specific injury or a general question?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know a lad round us does ours physio would have him out over a Chiro any day! He has made I difference in our eventers that no other physio ever has can't knock him! Not sure if it might be same guy tinker uses cos he is from that area and whips in! He's a lad called joe! Can't think of his second name but he's fab would recommend him allay long!

• 3 months later...