Something Nice To Look At...

In the last auction something caught my eye in the art category. I always have a look in there, there is usually a little taxidermy, some nice prints, but one of the lots was a genuine oil on canvas. Anyway we though it would make much more than the guide price so did not bid. I mean, a genuine oil on canvas painting their guide price started at £45, I thought it would make a hundred easily.

Anyway we were looking through the Buy it Now, after sale listing and this painting was there, £45 plus VAT and commission. So we had a punt and bought it. It is of 3 Gloster Gladiators, flyign through the highlands of Scotland with 2 stags ion the right of the photo. On getting it we had a good look and found the artist was an Edward Chadfield and it was painted in 2001. So I looked for the artist and found an email for him.

I emailed him and asked if it was one of his paintings, he confirmed it was and asked how we came to own it. It was a special commission for someone who had shot his first stag where the two in the painting are. He was also a Gloster Gladiator enthusiast, so two of his great loves were made into one painting.

Anyways have a look at a work of art....

DSC00593.jpg

I do not know about the person who commissioned the painting, the artist himself is still alive, he used to teach shooting! I have asked the artist to check that the original owner of the painting knows that the painting as recently auctioned. It could be the chap died and all of his hunting stuff was sold. I do like the painting!

http://www.heathertrust.co.uk/Stop+and+Shop

Edward Chadfield is the link you want to click on, have a look at his work, we got a bit of a bargain!