Clouted By A Tawny Owl

muppet

p1010283lb2.th.jpg

p1010281tz9.th.jpg

p1010280rc9.th.jpg

Crazy or what,me and my 17 year old son were walking along through our local wood minding our own business when he turns to me and asks am i taking the piss or what.To which i reply I dont have a clue what your on about.You clouted me around the head he says at which time we both look pretty bemused as we see a female Tawny Owl legging it about twenty metres away in front of us.Only turns out she smacked him right across the back of the head and neck with both feet raking him in half a dozen places with cuts about an inch and a half long before buggering off and landing in a tree about 60 metres away.Closer inspection reveals we were stood under a hole in a tree housing her four downy chicks.Anyone else had any similar experiences as this with any other wild birds of prey.

p1010283lb2.th.jpg

p1010281tz9.th.jpg

p1010280rc9.th.jpg

Crazy or what,me and my 17 year old son were walking along through our local wood minding our own business when he turns to me and asks am i taking the piss or what.To which i reply I dont have a clue what your on about.You clouted me around the head he says at which time we both look pretty bemused as we see a female Tawny Owl legging it about twenty metres away in front of us.Only turns out she smacked him right across the back of the head and neck with both feet raking him in half a dozen places with cuts about an inch and a half long before buggering off and landing in a tree about 60 metres away.Closer inspection reveals we were stood under a hole in a tree housing her four downy chicks.Anyone else had any similar experiences as this with any other wild birds of prey.

Bernard Sayers lost an eye to a Tawny owl!

So did photographer Eric Hoskin :icon_eek:

One of my brothers found an owlet on a busy main road,when he whent to move it one of the parents struck him on the head :blink:

he thought someone had thrown a brick at him :cry::laugh:

p1010283lb2.th.jpg

p1010281tz9.th.jpg

p1010280rc9.th.jpg

i know someone who was hit in the face last weekend probably by the same bird B)

p1010283lb2.th.jpg

p1010281tz9.th.jpg

p1010280rc9.th.jpg

i know someone who was hit in the face last weekend probably by the same bird B)

Been past this site for twenty years with all the family and its been active and never been bothered maybe its a new pair of birds nesting there and this ones a lot more aggressive than the old female.