Need some advice please, my patts got some dry skin on his chest been there for a about a week. he's been fed on bakers complete for a good while and a bit of winalot tinned food,any ideas if it's a lack of something in his diet or something else. Any thoughts welcomed. Atb rob.

switch over to raw and you will see the difference in a very short time :thumbs:

I have seen a topic on here about feeding raw recently, about cost I think it was tho.

Can you change to that way of feeding instantly or do you have to do it a bit at a time and thinking about raw I think his body won't be used to it so would be a bit messy till his stomach got used to it.

switch over to raw and you will see the difference in a very short time :thumbs:

I have seen a topic on here about feeding raw recently, about cost I think it was tho.

Can you change to that way of feeding instantly or do you have to do it a bit at a time and thinking about raw I think his body won't be used to it so would be a bit messy till his stomach got used to it.

just feed raw and a handfull of your complete as a mixer, what comes out the other end when feeding raw is oppersite to what your thinking :thumbs:

just feed raw and a handfull of your complete as a mixer, what comes out the other end when feeding raw is oppersite to what your thinking :thumbs:

Cheers paulus, your getting to be my personal dog encyclopaedia. Many thanks.

Atb Rob

The problem is that all shit dog foods are splashed on the tv so its an easy mistake to make, i feed mine royal canin, bit expensive but i worked it out that a big sack feeds my lurcher for about 3 months mate.

That is some expensive stuff alright, I know it should not be about the money tho when it comes to a dogs well being,

I'm Going to give the raw diet a go, hopefully I won't turn him in to a little fatty.

Thanks for all the advice.

personally i would advise you to gradually switch diet over a week or two as raw food has more bacteria which the dogs guts may not be used to. this could make him a bit loose for a day or two. but once he is used to it it is a lot cleaner than what you are used to now!