anyone ever hear/use

Horses for courses. I had 2. Ok for rimmies and air rifles. anything above I would spend some money and get some thing of a better quality. But it depends on how much money you have and how much hunting you do. I am out at least once a week for many hours so can be in all weather conditions.

The problem with the lower end scopes is that you will find you will not be able to take a shot in certain conditions ie last light.

Buy once buy right. I wouldn't put one on my 223. But this is nothing specific to MTC. Any of the lower end scopes I wouldn't use. I would rather buy a good quality secondhand scope.

my ideal situation would be owning a top of the range sight but it wont be happening at this point in time.Im a very casual shooter,I too can go out 1 or 2 times a week but its just a few hours and get what I need and home.I think they will fill that void for a time.I saw the price on these and at £285 sterling I did a fair deal I think,lol