Hoppes Boresnake

I've used one on my hmr for two years. Initially it seemed a bit of a sod to get the brass weight to drop through the barrel but after a month or two it became a piece of cake. One extra point not already mentioned was that I put a couple of drops of oil on the 'lace' just before the end-loop prior to pulling through the last couple of inches.

Can anyone who's got a genuine hoppes boresnake put a pic up please?

Ive just bought one from eBay which was sold as hoppes, but I'm not convinced.

Does the hoppes one only have two short spirals of brass on it, an inch or two apart?

Can anyone who's got a genuine hoppes boresnake put a pic up please?

Ive just bought one from eBay which was sold as hoppes, but I'm not convinced.

Does the hoppes one only have two short spirals of brass on it, an inch or two apart?

No mate they dont well at least mine doesnt.

just found this discription of the boresnake viper the new version.It may be what you have

The NEW Hoppe's 9 Boresnake VIPER Cleaning System has everthing you love about the BoreSnake plus better cleaning and superior strength. It has 50% more brush cleaning power. Nylon cord of this Hoppe's 9 Cleaning System is attached directly to the bronze scrubbing brush. Cone-shaped bore guide on the leading end.