How would you approach it ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been up to this farm 5 times since and have just sat in the van watching the bunnies, there is a dip in the field which runs a good 150m toward the farm buildings. This is where they seem to appear from most, so with the little bit of home work done I decided to head up yesterday and peg out a screen 40 yards back from the dip, come back in the morning and sit it out. I have only just moved over to a BSA R-10 and had set the zero up to 25 yards I needed to be a bit further out so re-zeroed the scope to 35 yards. When using my old springer 35 yards would have been about the limit but this R-10 is unreal. After dialing in at 35 yards I was shooting groups of ten like a pro, even took a photo of the best set :boogy:

number1R-10009.jpg

After all the shots going off re-zeroing my scope the field was dead and not a Bunnie in sight, I walked the long way round to the screen due to the wind and got comfy. I was only settled for 20Min's when a rabbit popped out from the fence on the other side of the dip, I just watched him as he must have been 70 yards away and I was not confident in hitting him at that range. He stopped, stood bolt upright and looked at me, well feck it I thought " I have been made" and then the little bugger ran towards me, he disappeared out of sight in the dip and a moment later he popped up on my side of the dip. Could not belive my luck, lined him up in the cross hair, held my breathing and squeezed the trigger, thud he was down. Bingo forgetting myself I jumped up and ran towards him ( not a clever thing to do :whistling: )

number1R-10005.jpg

Just like to say thanks for all the tips, I will be back down during the week and try to control my exitement :D

Smokey

• Like 1

A couple of questions...

1) Does the OP have a lamping kit?

2) If not, why does the OP not buy an Infra Red add on device, like a Nite Site NS50, few around on the secondhand market now and prices will start to fall as the evenings get longer....

I think your right, I dont have a IR kit at the moment and as originaly posted the train line runs parallel to the field. After watching a few youtube clips the Nitesite looks likley to next on the shoping list.

Smokey